Thursday, March 29, 2012
We took Alex to Silver Dollar City for the first time and Max for the first time in over a year! Boy was it a lot of fun and everything went so much smoother than we thought. I think everyone did great, Alex even took two good naps. We were all sure exhausted when we got back. Here are a few videos from the day - pictures to come later!
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
She was born the Thursday before I went into labor with max on that Saturday, so max and Laney ended up being only 4 days apart.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
All three kids brought their riding toys to play with on Saturday. They had a ton of fun. They all rode and drove all of them!
The Grand kids take a photo with their Grandpa
The Great Grand kids take a photo with their great Grandpa Lamb
The "kids" take a picture with their Dad
His cake and guests
The kids help Grandpa open a gift
It wouldn't be Delight without some Fiddle playing!
Saying goodbye to the Helicopter and playing outside before dinner.
Thursday, March 8, 2012
This is the cutest video of Max but please turn your volume down so you do not hear my voice! I was the one holding the camera and somehow sang the worst version of Happy Birthday ever! oh it does sound pretty aweful, I promise I am not this bad EVER. Atleast it will give you a laugh or two.
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Weight: 15 pounds 14 ounces - 20th percentile
Height: 26 inches - 25th percentile
Head - 40th percentile
The Dr said we have a great proportional baby boy! Just a little one!
- At 6 months old Alex loves to roll. He's not that fast yet, but will roll over both back to front than front to back.
- He also scoots. He doesn't crawl, but if he's on a blanket he can get off the blanket by scooching around and never actually rolling
- He still nurses. Thankfully we haven't ran into any problems with this since the first few weeks, and it's going along smoothly. He won't really take a bottle that easy, but he takes one if he's hungry! The only people he really will take a bottle from is Mike and my mom - occasionally my dad if we need his help like at Max's Birthday party.
- He's tried both rice cereal and green beans. We'll let him try something else new next week and just slowly introduce foods to him so he can be familiar with the spoon before the age of 1.
- He loves his bouncer ( horsey) in the living room and enjoys bouncing while me and Mike work out.
- He loves his jeep walker (we recycled from Max). He walks in it mostly in the kitchen or outside.
- He loves to pull his socks off or eat his shoes
- If you look at him and he reconizes you he will give you a big smile. He loves smiling at his daddy when he comes home from work. Alex always gives him the biggest smile!.
- I take care of Alex all day everyday except my mom helps me from 9-2 on Thursdays while Max iis at school. A - so I can get some things done and B - so she can spend time with just Alex. On Tuesday, Max is also at school, so I get from 9-2 with just my little guy.
- He is in size 3 diapers - that's new - just changed this week! We get them from Sam's - can't beat Sam's price per diaper!
- We bought diapers for the first time last week and have never bought wipes. We just got so many as gifts from showers and Christmas and have used everything sparingly.
- He wears mainly size 6 months, but for Spring/Summer we bought him 9 and 12 month. He wears size 2 or 3 shoe. We had to buy a few things at Rhea Lana's because Max didn't have hand me downs from that size. Max went straight from 6 to 18 months! (not kidding)
- We need to work on Alex's sleeping habbits. He had great nights around Christmas - but the last month or so.....he falls asleep nursing around 8:30. I normally continue rocking Alex while Mike is getting Max down. By 9pm normally Max is asleep in his bed and Alex is in the crib. Lately he's been crying around 10:30, so I go in there to check him, nurse him back to sleep. sometimes I have to go back again and rock him instantly if he doesn't like the crib. He will normally sleep until about 1 or 3 and than wake up again. I go into his nursery 50% of the time and nurse him in our bed the other 50% of the time, depending on how tired I am. Now that Max's surgery is done and out of the way and he is getting back to normal routine, me and Mike are goign to work hard on getting Alex into a better sleep routine too!
- Alex loves to play with toys and will reach and grab for anything especially the remote or a phone.
- Alex still has the rash on his cheek but it is looking better daily. His ear is completely healed. We go back to the kids dermatologist in 2.5 weeks to get it checked again. I definately think the high maintenance routine we are doing with the daily baths, vasoline, steriod creams, cerve, washing everything in the entire house in dreft etc is working, so hopefuly it heals up soon.
- Alex doesn't take the binky (pacifier) a lot anymore. Not for me at all, not really for Mike that often, but sometimes for my mom. Sometimes he'd just rather suck his hand or arm.
- Sometimes when Alex gets mad he will babble at you in "Chinese". It's pretty funny.
I think that's about all for now. Coming up in the next few months we'll have sitting up, more veggies, rolling faster, maybe even scooting or pulling up on things! oh the things we have to come. Everyday is exciting with a 6 month old and a 3 year old both boys in the house!!
Monday, March 5, 2012
Lots of great deals on summer stuff for Alex!!
4th of July outfit for Alex just $6.50
Cute swim stuff for Alex
3 brand new outfits with tags!
Brand new Nemo life jacket for Max just $3!!
7 pairs of summer shoes for the boys, just $23!!