Saturday, January 16, 2010

Snow, Snow, and more Snow

I couldn't believe the snow and cold weather Northwest Arkansas got last week. Schools were out the entire week! Too bad that doesn't effect me...Me and Max had the icy commute out to Sonora in the mornings. One morning we never went over 20mph, slid everywhere, and the whole commute took me an hour and a half! Since I had to be at work by 7:30 everyday - or work through lunch and work late - I chose to be at work by 7:30 every morning. This meant me and Max got up 30 mintues early for the snowy commutes...So even though it was a very long week....we loved all of the snowy scenery. I took some pictures of all of the snow - this is last Saturday when we NEVER left the house all weekend except for church because of the weather. One thing you can't see in the pictures? The -2 temperatures it got down too. We ran our water and kept our house hot, so luckily our pipes never froze...unfortunately I can't say the same thing for my parents house - even though the took the same precautions we did (probably even better) they were not as lucky as us and did have their pipes freeze. Luckily everything is back to normal now and once the rain goes away today...we have sunny skies and 50 degree weather!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment