Saturday, December 17, 2011

15 weeks....crib time

Well, the time has come. A very hard time for a mother. The first night she has to put her little baby boy in his own crib, in his own room, far from her bed, farthest they've ever slept apart. Alex is 15 weeks old today, and tonight is his first crib night. Now will he sleep there 30 minutes? 2 hours? All night? I dont know, but i have made the first step by putting him down in his own crib. Max made the crib transition at 11 weeks since i had to go back to work. With me not working with Alex i knew i had to just bite my teeth and do it, or i knee i would never do it and his 1st birthday we would look up and he would still be in our room.
I know its the best thing for him. He's been waking up a lot at night lately, and i am praying this helps. I think he wakes up a lot when he sleeps next to ne because
A. He can smell me and knows nurse whenever he wants
B. me and him are so tired laying down to nurse that i think he falls asleep before he gets full. Him having to cry for a minute before i get to him and me walking in there and feeding him in the glider hopefully keeps everyone a little more awake and he can nurse better and sleep longer til his next feeding. Thats my theory anyways

Well here's a picture... Now i need to go check on the little gut.... I wonder if i will ever convince myself he is ok so i cant get sone sleep too!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment