Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Back on the wagon

Picture taken on 10-24-11

The doctor gave me clearance to start working out!! I am so excited although I'm not completely sure how I'm going to get started or what I'm going to do, but I'm excited to start back up. I decide to take a before picture so I can go back and compare later.

In college i gained about 20 pounds...the mac and cheese, fried chicken, pizza, candy bars for meals, etc. i guess wasnt the best choice, but at the time it did the trick. I worked hard to lose the weight before my wedding, which was 1 year after college graduation, but than 11 months later had a blood clot in my leg. With my blood clot I couldn't even walk let alone work out, so that combined with sympathy food from everyone I put back on the weight. Just when I recover and start up the routine again, I get pregnant with max. With max I gained 37 pounds-wow, not bad I guess but still a shock to the system. After max I tried to work it off and lost 39 pounds, but it seemed like everyone would say after a baby, your body just isnt the same. I couldn't really diet because I was nursing and needed the extra calories. I just couldn't get back to where I wanted to be. 11 days before max's first birthday in february 2009, when I was suppose to stop nursing and finally get back on track with my weight, I found I had blood clots in my lungs, 2 pulmonary embolisms. This was tough. Tough mentally and tough physically. It took me a long time to recover from these and get my health back, but of course the blood clots came with some extra pounds too. Because of all of the changes and the roll the clots ha on my outlook on life, I than decide I need a new job, months after my blood clots I blink my eyes and than find myself sitting at a new desk with new coworkers in a whole new world. Needless to say my priorities were now on my new job and my family at home. Finally, summer 2010 I start to concentrate on my weight and begin working out again and eating right. This time me an mike worked on it together. We start to see progress, and encouraged each other, made it through Thanksgiving, and than suddenly I begin to struggle. I was exhausted when I got home from work and didn't have the energy to work out and than at dinner I didn't feel full after the smaller portions. I started to get frustrated. Than one day after a few weeks of this, a lightbulb went of in my head. I was pregnant again!! Oh my...here comes Alex! So than I was pregnant with Alex from December 2010 to September 3rd and gained 40 pounds.Since I had to have a c section an I had some trouble with my blood regulating, I just now got approved to begin working out again. Of course I am nursing again, but I am still excited and plan on getting back into the workout routine and eating healthy. It will not be easy because with nursing I find myself hungry ALL of the time! But I know I can do it, even If I just start atleast walking and jogging again. So....since my blood clot in July 2005 I have struggled but as of of November 2011 I am ready to go! My goal is to lose 69 pounds. Currently I have lost 28 pounds from nursing so now I have 41 pounds to go.... 16 more pound til my pre-Alex weight, than another 25 to get back to my goal weight. I'm not putting a time on it because with two kids and the winter coming and my birthday thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner, the odds are against me, but here I go!!! I find myself motivated this time since I'm on Coumadin so shouldn't be getting a clot ever again and I don't plan on getting pregnant again either! Wish me luck!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Wow Ashley! This was a great post I think for your mindset & to get it all out there. I can only speak from experience of having 2 babies in less than a year weight gain/loss (which I'm still not all the way back to my pre babies weight...trying though!) Plus, with your medical issues makes it even harder, but you will get there if you stick with working out & eating well! Best of luck to you!! :))
    I'm so happy your blood clots are solved. And those boys are simply precious!!

    ReplyDelete