Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Colorado Vacation - Thursday - Day 1

We had an absolute blast on our vacation.  I decided to blog it one day at a time.  Since some days we fit so much stuff into just one day.  We left Thursday when Mike got off work.  He worked through lunch so we got to leave a little early.  My mom came over that afternoon for an hour or two to help watch the boys so I could get the car completely packed.  By 4pm I had the car on, cooled down, boys in the carseats with tons of toys and a movie on, popcorn, juice, a drink for me and mike, icechest iced down.....needless to say we were ready to go.  Mike got home, took about 10 minutes to change, go to the bathroom, check the house....and than it was off we went on our trip.  We were all beyond excited.  This was our first big vacation as a family of 4.  We left the driveway knowing we would all spend every day and night together for the next 11 days.  It was a great feeling.  We made great timing and made it all the way to Salina, KS where we made that our pit stop.  Salina is about 6 hours from Aunt Phyllis's house known as the half way point. We chose Sleep Inn as our hotel.  Found it in Salina.

Here are some pictures of the drive:

The boys opened their "good behavior prizes". I'm not sure how I came up with these, but Max is big on surprises and will pretty much do almost anything for a surprise no matter what the surprise is, so I thought these would come along handy on the trip.  I went to the Target $1 section and found a few items at Walmart.  I even found a few things for Alex that he already had (That can be our little secret).  I gave the boys their glow in the dark prizes as we were nearing Salina.

  The boys on the couch with Wolfy and Wilfy.  (My mom got them for the boys.  They are the macots of The Great Wolf Lodge which we were headed on vacation).  They joined us for the trip.
  Alex helped pack the icechests.
Alex helping us unpack once we got to Salina.

No comments:

Post a Comment