Monday, August 26, 2013

The Color Vibe

  The Color Vibe is a fun 5K that came to Fayetteville, AR for the first time this year on August 3rd.  Our good friend Jennifer Fox convinced me and Mike over Memorial Day weekend we needed to sign up and run with her.  Me and Mike signed up and started training.  Some weeks I would run 3 5k's in one week. We were having fun training and felt good about exercising. Everything was set for the big 5K. We had pictured in our heads a nice sunny August morning, mid 80's, beautiful skies, a fun run, getting colored by the different colored power on the run.  It was just going to be awesome. We were going to take awesome pictures, our friends would be jealous :)  I even picked up our packets!  See below....we were ready to go.  Me and Mike go to bed at 9pm on Friday night before to get ready for the big race.....

Saturday morning came.  I had my alarm set, but we were wakened before hand by thunder and lightening.  This wasn't just any storm.  This was a Thunderstom with hard rain, wind, lightening, and loud, very loud thunder. We decide that the race doesn't start for 2 hours and we are going to go.  We did not do all this to not even go.  Aunt Kelley came over to babysit the boys.  We told her we wouldn't be back til 1pm. Jennifer Fox met us at the house, and off we went.

Look at what we drove through to get to the race.  At this point it still hadn't sunk in that we were about to attempt to run a 5k in this mess.

 We didn't get a lot of pictures.  Jennifer was the only one who brought her phone. We got to the starting line 30 minutes early.  The rain was steady, but not very hard, we kept thinking we can do this.  I got hit with some pink while we were waiting to start

Everyone was cheering to start - I joined in

and than the race began.....(15 minutes late...)

You will see no pictures of the actual race because as we start the race - the skies opened.  Lightening all around, buckets and buckets of rain poured down on us.  We could bare see in front of us.  The rain was pouring down my face, and I could barely open my eyes. We ran through the county fairgrounds AKA grass and mud that formed small 6-8 inch ponds everywhere.  We ran, we walked, we laughed, we got hit with color bombs, we laughed more.....we hung in there as long as we could - and than headed to the car.  Below are some after pictures.  I can not believe I am posting these because they are litterally the worst pictures of me I have ever seen, but you have to see them so wee how drenched we were.  Our shirts stuck to us.  It was still pouring down when we took these pictures but we ran under a cover so we could ge tthe phone out.  We ran to the car, sat on towels, and headed straight to Taco Bell to celebrate :)  What a day

Below is my hand - my pink hand.  The dye ran and bled everywhere because of the storms.
My hair was pink for 2 days.  That was interesting :)




Here's to another 5K with Jennifer soon.  Maybe the next one we can have some sunny skies?

No comments:

Post a Comment