Monday, March 17, 2014

Valentine's Day Celebrations

Well this is late :)
But we did celebrate Valentine's Day....

The week before Valentine's Day me and Mike decided to have a Friday night date out and go out to eat and see I love Lucy at the Walton Arts Center. the boys were going to spend the night with my parents. I was excited about the date night with Mike and that the boys would get to spend some time with my mom and dad.

I went shopping at the promenade that Thursday and found a fun dress to get for date night.  It was 50 percent off, less than $20, and red - sounded like a good Valentine's Day date night dress to me!

Friday morning the boys helped me get them packed for Grandma and Grandpa's

Max worked on his Valentine's for school

Picture before date night
We went out to eat to Mermaids.  We had had a gift card there we had been saving for over a year!  WE were excited to finally get to use it.  Mermaids is in Fayetteville and so is the Walton Arts Center so it worked out perfect.
my meal was absolutely delicious  I had chicken, shrimp, and pasta - I especially loved all of the sauces.

Mike had aligator pasta - he loved that as well
Next up on date night - The I love Lucy show at the Walton Arts Center.  We have had the tickets since November!  I was a little excited.  I have watched every single I love Lucy episode there is.  I used to have an I love Lucy kitchen - until last May when I moved into this house and turned it Red/Razorback.

our view - our seats were pretty close

waiting for the show to start


of course we had to share some icecream afterwards!!

While we were on date night the boys were getting spoiled by Grandpa and Grandma with a night at chuckee Cheese.  The boys had fun.


hmmm did Alex or Grandpa want to play this game?











Saturday morning we woke up and started a movie and got some things done to prep for Max's Birthday and Valentine's Day.
Mike had to put together Max's bike that was a surprise

got the VAlentine's Day table all set up and ready
The boys got to open a Valentine's Day surprise from Grandma and Grandpa - A musical card and a mini transformer!


Valentine's Day was on a Friday.  We started off the morning by giving Mike his surprise from the boys




After Mike left for work it was time for us to head to work!  We road around the neighborhood and delivered Valentine's to all of our neighbors.

After that it was time to meet Kelley for lunch.  We brought her some flowers and took her to Chick Fila

Later that afternoon was Max's party at school.  I loved seeing him hand out his Valentine's. He enjoyed getting them too.  Those kids sure ate a lot of sugar in that hour!  but they all had fun.



Brother was happy to be Max's guest for the party

Daddy made a surprise visit



After the party we headed home and looked through all of the Valentine's and I helped Max read who they were all to and from.



That night was time to celebrate as a family.  We had a few gifts for the boys, and Grandma and Grandpa had sent something and Mama Tina had sent something so we just sat in the movie room and looked through it all.  Those boys sure had fun.




Such a fun Valentine's Day.  LOVE my boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment