Monday, February 17, 2014

The Family Photo Wall


When me and Mike were looking at houses, we would walk through them and try to see ourselves living in them and share ideas we had about what we would do with the space.  When we walked in our house that we live in now we loved the entryway.  We wanted to make a photo collage wall.  We've lived in teh house since May - and we talk about it often, but wasn't sure when or where to start, so it stayed on our project list.

We were expecting a lot of company for Max's Birthday at our house so we decided to start on the family photo wall.  I started by collecting some different frames around the house and looking on the internet for ideas.  I went to Hobby Lobby and hit a 50 percent off sale...


Hobby Lobby letters 50 percent off
I would lay it out on the floor to see what we still needed,e tc.


I found this for pretty cheap - maybe $24.99? at TJMax  - it came with 7 frames, what a deal

We had a pretty good start - so we decided to lay it out one more time than get started.

BEFORE picture of the wall in our entryway

Of course any project is a family project right?

I loved the first thing we did.....Mike found a frame about a year ago maybe? at a flea market.  He paid like $7.  We never did anything with it and kept it in the closet.  I thought it would be perfect to cover our doorbell with.  didn't it turn out cute?  I loved the idea and so did mike.


Our Little helper

starting to come together



when we weren't looking, Alex attempted to hang a picture himself


We moved the canvas from the fireplace - since it was over a year old and we bought a newer updated one for the fireplace


picture of new canvas that made it in time for Max's birthday party


Our finished photo wall with all updated pictures.  ignore the streamers hanging down for Max's party...
I'm so glad it's finished!!! Well I guess we'll always add to it - but we are really happy with where it is.  We wanted a wall full of family and Mike's awesome photography skills.  I was happy to complete this goal we had when we first bought the house.  Now on to the next project!  TBD :)

1 comment: