Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Helping out those in need

Rewind Back to our Delight trip... I was sitting on the couch looking at the other couch where I saw plastic bags each filled with a bible, bottle of water, granola bars, snacks, etc.  I sat there and wondered what they were for.  I thought maybe a local project or church.  After dinner Mike's Aunt Bean starting picking up the bags so I asked her what they were for.  She said she keeps them in her car and gives them to people in need that she sees on the side of the road. I was really surprised, it sounded like such a simple idea, yet that was the first time I had heard of someone doing that.  On the way home I told Mike what a good idea it was and how I wished more people would do things like that..and that was that...then last week I was driving with my mother and saw a young couple standing on the side of the road, holding a sign that said "Will work for food".  I didn't have any work for them, but I wanted to help them. They looked like they just needed a helping hand, and I wish I would have had one of those bags, with some information about our church's bread of life program and soup kitchen.  So I decided I was going to make myself ones of those bags to keep in my car..and I decided to blog about it so that maybe someone else would do the same.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea Ashley! I am going to put together one to keep in my car as well!

    ReplyDelete