Monday, April 27, 2009

Race for the Cure




I remember my first Race for the Cure. It was back in Highschool, and I asked my dad to run in it with me because I thought it would be fun and good exercise. I remember when we got there we were overwelmed by all of the people there that were in someway affected by breast cancer. It was so amazing that so many people fought the crowds, woke up early, gave up a saturday morning, to come together to support each other. Through the years we have continued to support Race for the Cure because afterall, not only am I a woman myself, but we all have mothers, sisters, aunts, girlfriends, etc. that could someday be affected. This year my dad, aunt phyllis, Jennie, mike, me, max, my mom, Kelley, and Laney...all got up early, fought the crowds, gave up our Saturday morning, etc...to come together and support our aunt Margie diagnosed in November 2007 and still fighting. Thank you to everyone else who participated in Race for the Cure 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment