Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My leg

As many of you might know I've started to have some problems with my leg again.  I'm still on blood thinners, and having my blood checked regularly. The plan was to do this for 8 weeks post partum.  To be theraputic (healthy blood), I need to have my protime be between a 2 and a 3. Last Monday I went to the doctor and I was a 1.3, so they upped my dose.  We traveled to Delight on Wednesday, and came back on SAturday night. I got out of the car frequently I thought, but in the middle of the night on Saturday I noticed a pain in the back of my right leg behind my knee.  This was a familar pain of the blood clot I had in July 2007.  On Sunday the pain did not go away and started to cause a limp in my walk and I noticed tenderness and pressure.  Monday morning ( yesterday) I went to the Doctor.  I am currently on aggressive blood thinners, back on my shots from pregnancy days, and upped my dose of coumadin to 10mg a day.  I will do this for 7 days in hope that I have enough anti-coagulation in my body to where my pain does not turn into a clot.  I'll take my medications, keep it elevated, put a heating pad on it, and watch my vitamin K diet, but that is really all I can do.  I hope that that combination of things will prevent a clot from forming.  I will keep you updated, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment