Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Back at work

Two days down..many to go. Today makes 2 days back at work. Max is staying with Grandma during the day. I drop him off in the mornings at 6:45 am and Mike picks him up everyday at 5:45pm. We love him so much. It has been difficult going from having Max by my side 24 hours a day for 12 weeks in a row to saying goodbye to him in the mornings and not seeing him again until the evening. The good news is that the girls have very helpful and understanding of me coming back...and honestly I have been so busy since I've been back I have barely even gotten up to go to the bathroom! so it's good that my mind at times is so preoccupied I forget how much I miss my little man. One thing that is harder than I expected is dragging myself away from my desk twice a day to pump in my car...not an easy task, a little stressful to get done in such a little time, but I know it's the best thing for my son, so I am going to do whatever I can to make sure he continues to get the nurishment he needs to be a strong healthly boy..and I keep telling myself it will get easier. Here's to another day at work! All honesty I actually am really happy to back at work, I really love what I do and who I work with, I've missed it...it will just take some getting used to...but I have always wanted to learn to balance a career in something I love to do and raise and build a family..and now I'm doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment