Thursday, May 14, 2009

Max's First Week at Grandma's House

Ashley went back to work this week after 12 weeks of maternity leave.  It has been quite an adjustment for both of us, especially for her, but she is doing great.  She gets up at 5:30 in the mornings to have time to get ready, feed Max, get him out to Grandma's house, and make it to work by 7:30 at the latest.  Then I pick Max up when I get off of work at 5:00 and we both get back to the house around 6.  

Luckily Max has been sleeping very well in his crib, that makes it easier.  We try to get him to bed between 9 and 9:30 and he sleeps until 3:30 or 4:00, then goes back down for another couple of hours after a snack.  He is so much fun to take care of!  Everytime we get him up in the morning he is smiling and trying to laugh a little.  He is generally a happy little boy, we feel so fortunate every day to have him.  And Grandma seems to enjoy keeping him just a little bit....  

Until next time,
Mike

PS We are having a cookout competition at work tomorrow, I am entering the Pork and Chicken categories.  Wish me luck!  The prizes are free days off that I could spend with Max.

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous. I wish Owen would sleep better. He's just one of those kids that loves to eat more than sleep, I guess.
    He goes down about 8, wakes up again for awhile around 9. Sleep again (after eating) at midnight, eats again at 3. Awake again at 5:30 (eats). Sleeps til 9. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete