Thursday, September 13, 2012

What a Difference a YEAR makes



 What a Difference a year makes.
 
This is a blog about my weight loss of 45 pounds! 
 
  Sure, last August 20th, I was pregnant, but still I weighed the most I had ever weighed, ever.  Of course I lost a little weight in the hospital, but I had a lot to lose, so I set goals. Unfortunately, I had to wait almost 3 months before I could work out - combination of that I had a c section, and that I had a hard time getting my blood levels "theraputic" (If they aren't theraputic, they aren't high enough, which means my blood isn't thin enough and makes me prone to clots), and than once I finally got cleared to exercise, I found myself in the middle of winter!  I finally attempted to start watching what I was eating....because we all know you have to wait til January 1st to make that goal so the holidays can be properly enjoyed :)  Me and Mike worked out, some, and watched what we ate, some but mostly just enjoyed being a family of four and all the new adventures it was bringing us.  In April, we got serious, and we both started to tackle our weight gain together, and that made it a bit easier.  We both started to lose some weight.  We would weigh on our scale in the mornings and keep each other updated on our progress.  Yes, I have absolutely no problem with telling Mike exactly how much I weigh.  For one, he's my best friend, two, it makes it easier for me to share my goals, etc with him.
 
Anyways - We took a short break for vacation in July for about 2 weeks because we wanted to enjoy vacation for all it was.  When we got back from vacation, I had about 13.5 pounds to lose to reach my goal.  I came up with my goal because it was what I weighed when I got pregnant with Max.  So if I lost my 45 pounds, than I would be back to my pre "before I ever got pregnant" weight.  My goal deadline was Alex's first birthday.  So I had about 7 weeks to lose 13 pounds.  Me and Mike hit the pavement and started running.  It felt great.  I loved getting back to running.  We came up with all sorts of creative ways for both of us to work out with 2 boys. We also worked hard on making healthier eating choices. 100 calorie packs became my best friend, of course I was nursing Alex til he was a year, so I had to keep up my milk supply with plenty of extra healthy daily calories. Apparently whatever we did worked - because the week before Alex's Birthday...I reached my goal!! I was very excited, and I feel a lot better about myself.  I have some pictures below.
 
JULY 16, 2011
 
AUGUST 20, 2011
 
 
 
SEPTEMBER 3,2012 - 45 pounds lighter!!
 
 
Now for my second goal - 15 more pounds.  Once I reach that goal I will be back to my "I think this was the weight I was when I married Mike" weight.  My goal date is my 30th Birthday.  November 17, 2012....coming up quick :)
 
So I have 9.5 weeks to lose 15 pounds.  Actually typing that it seems kind of impossible since I've had a couple setbacks with hurting my leg and attempting to wean Alex. Not to mention once I wean him that will be 500 calories a day I normally burn that I won't be burning anymore.....but 15 pounds is still my goal.....I just might keep working on it and not have a goal end date I guess.
 
oh - and me and Mike joined a gym today WITH childcare - no excuses now!! I am extremely excited.  I am so excited about doing laps in the pool, I went and bought a new swimsuit today!
 
So keep updated - I can't wait to add a picture below my September picture with my new weight someday.
 
So until that blog.....less Sonic trips, less Mc Donalds sweet tea, more running, making healthier choices for a healthier happier life!

No comments:

Post a Comment