Monday, July 1, 2013

Father's Day





I think Mike had a pretty good Father's Day.  We tried to spoil him as much as possible.  One thing Mike wanted to do was take the boys on a nature hike.  We went to Tanyard Creek in Bella Vista and had a lot of fun. 



Max found a baby turtle on the trail!

Beautiful waterfall on the trail



We walked down to the creek, sat on a bench, and listened to the waterfall.  So peaceful


Look at the big fish!!!

I couldn't believe how long the fish were





After Tanyard Creek we headed back home but found another creek on the way back.  We want to go back to this one soon.  The water is so clear and would be fun to swim/wade in. 





Sunday morning we went to church and had the VBS week where the kids lead the worship service.  Mabry, Mary Frannie, Max, and Laney sang the songs.  It was a fun church service for Mike and my dad for Father's Day

The girls spent the night with my parents and gave their Grandpa a Father's Day card!

So apparently below is the only picture I got of us out to eat on FAther's Day.... My mom and mike both took more. We first tried shoguns, which doesn't open til noon.  We had 5 kids and it was 11...so that wasn't an option!  We tried Kobe down the road which is very similar to shoguns, and so good.  The kids actually did pretty decent.  We were glad we all got to go out to eat and no one cook.

After Mike got home from playing 18 holes of golf with his best friend (also a dad) we had some gifts to give him.  We found him some Razorback shorts, a weighted jump rope, and we made him a scrapbook of his last 4 years of being a dad.  We also got him the miter saw last weekend that was his big gift


I think we all had a pretty good Father's Day weekend. The main goal I had was just to tell Mike as often as I could how good of a dad he is to the boys and how thankful we are for him - I tried to have the boys tell him the same.  We are so lucky to have Mike.  I don't say this enough.  He is the best husband to me and father to the boys.  simply the best.

Below are pictures of Mike the day we gave him his miter saw ( am I spelling that right?) It was the weekend before so we could make the boys a sand table. I foudn the table for $20 at a garage sale, and we just spent a few turning it into a sand table.  the boys love it.  Glad Mike enjoys his present - plenty of projects to come.










No comments:

Post a Comment