Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Custom Bag Party

I was excited to get to host a Custom Bag Party for Mike's Aunt Tammy aka Tracy's sister. We held the party last Friday October 11th.  I thought it went great!  A few days before the party I got the house cleaned up and decorated for fall.  A huge thank you to my mom for letting me borrow some decorations.  Her house is currently being remodeled so she decided she wasn't going to decorate for fall so I hopped on that and borrowed 4 tubs full of fall decorations.  Lets just say my house looked very fallish!

Drink staion


Guest bath

Guest Bath

Fireplace

I normally put banana's oranges and bread in here.  For the party I filled it up with fall pumpkins and put it on my fireplace.  I thought it turned out great!

Food table, it was barely big enough for all of the food!

Decorations outside the front door

Decorations outside the front door


Funny story....
I bought a huge mum the week before the party.  It looked so pretty, my sister helped me pick it out.  2 days before the party, when the mum was barely a week old, I walk out my front door and its dead!  As in brown branches and dead buds and all.  It looked aweful.  I called Walmart and told them I had a dead mum I wanted to take back and didn't have the reciept.  They said if I brought it back that night I could get a new one.  Well at 8pm we finally make it to walmart with 2 tired kids in the car and a dead mum.  I give Mike the please face and he volunteers to go exchange the mum.  Here is Mike walking back to the car with a beautiful orange mum!!!  He knew I would be excited. I snapped a picture of him making fun of me. We planted the mum the next day just in time for the party, and it still is alive and well today.


I took the kids to Sam's and let them pick out the biggest roundest pumpkin they could find!  I know, Sams and not a pumpkin patch.....but Sam's has awesome, can't get any better or bigger than this, pumpkins and for only $9.98, so that's where we went.  The one we got is huge, can't wait to carve it.


I bought a mum as the prize for whoever had the most points in the what's in your purse game!


I bought some violas for our back porch.  They are $1.78 for a 6 pack at Walmart. They take pretty cold weather pretty good.  This was the first time for me to put out the planters at the new house.  I just hadn't gotten to it until now. I was excited to decorate the porch a little for the party.



I bought the boys a new bag of sand for the sand box.  It was getting pretty low and this was the first time I had to buy sand since we first made the sandbox.  They enjoyed the new sand and play with it everyday.

My pretty NEW orange mum!!!

Big Sam's pumpkin, 2 pumpkins from mom for the boys, and their two tiny pumpkins from West wood Gardens in Springdale

Getting more ready for the party

One night while I was laying in bed, I thought we needed a game to play at the party.  It gives people something to do, and a way for them to win a prize, and always a great icebreaker to get people talking that might not know each other.  What better game to play at a bag party than a "What's in your bag" game!!!  I was so excited I thought about it and kept it a secret so that people didn't come with their bags stuffed, haha.  I think everyone enjoyed playing the game.  I could not believe that NO ONE got the bonus.  The bonus was 10 points for anything with a Razorback on it. I think a lot of people might be adding something in their purse razorback after this party, haha.

A big CONGRATS to my Mother in Law - Tracy for winning the game with 39 points! She took home the mum on the table. Jennie, my sister in law had 30 points and dug in her purse for a while looking for a hog, which would have given her 40 points and a victory, but no luck.  We finally determined Tracy the winner.  Good Job Tracy!


Mike bought me a beautiful mum for the party and to plant outside the front door

He also bought me some beautiful flowers!  I was excited.  I love when he surprises me with flowers

I got a new fall top for the party.  I was excited I found it.

Tammy worked hard and made a door prize bag for the party, pictured below. Everyone that came through the door got to be entered to win the bag as a door prize.  I was so excited my neighbor, Joyce, won the bag!  I think she was excited too.  I am so glad she got to come and see the house and visit with some of my family and friends. I think she had fun too, and she got to take home a custom bag for free!

Here are a few pictures of the bags Tammy brought to sell at the party. She is so talented.  My favorite party about the bags is that they are all unique, and they all have a story.  She can tell you where she bought or found certain pieces of the bag.  I loved this pink one up front on the right.  It sold that night.



A picture of the "iron lady" Tammy's husband Kevin made for her to display her bags.  Isn't it cute? What a perfect idea and neat way to display her bags.

Below is a picture of my hostess gift!  I was so excited to get a Custom Razorbacks bag.  Needless to say I have carried it every day since I got it.  It is so sturdy.  I love how it has so many pockets.  You can look all over NWA and not find anything like this, it is so unique. The first place I took it to was the soccer game the morning after the party.  I got a compliment on it!  I am excited to take it around and show it off.



A big Thank you to Tammy for letting me host a bag party for her.  I am so thankful for all of you that were able to come and see them in person, but also for all of you that visited her blog and read through her stories, and liked or shared my pictures on facebook.

Hopefully soon we can get Tammy a business page on Facebook and she can start selling bags on that as well as a few other venues. In the mean time if you are interested in learning more about Mike's Aunt Tammy or the bags she makes please visit her blog below and follow her story or have her custom make a bag for you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment