Monday, October 14, 2013

Mike is 33

Mike turned 33 on October 3rd.  We went to Branson the weekend after his Birthday to celebrate, but we also wanted to have a little celebration at our house on his actual Birthday night that Thursday.  I had the kids decorate him a card, than they each bought him their own card.  Max gave a scooby doo Birthday card and Alex gave a Mickey mouse card.  A funny story is I kept talking to the kids about "their" cards for daddy.  Well when it came time Alex took it over to Daddy, ripped it open, and said, my Birthday card.  When Mike tried to take it, Alex wouldn't let him and kept telling Daddy that it was his card.  oh well, its the thought that counts.  My mom got him a new chair that she let him open at the house so she didn't have to take it to Branson.  Me and the boys surprised Mike with a Hydracoach water bottle.  Me and Mike had been talking about it for months, and than we hadn't talked about it in a few weeks (purposely on my part) so he was really surprised when he opened it.  It is a bottle that digitally counts how many ounces of water you drink per day and even the average ounces you should drink for your weight, etc.  It is an awesome water bottle. I can't wait to get one for myself! HIs birthday night meal came from The Fresh Market.  We wanted a casual night in. We got a little bit of shrimp, a fancy chicken, and a half pound of bowtie pasta for everyone to share.  We also got Mike's favorite crab dip.  For his birthday dessert I bought him a Hersey dark chocolate pie.  It was really good.  I felt bad because completely not thinking I didn't take it out of the freezer until it was time to blow out the candles.  It was frozen!  duh.  Well I fixed the problem by throwing a few pieces in the microwave and it worked out good and of course tasted delicious. Alex had left over Birthday cupcakes of his that I had frozen so he got to celebrate with us too.

I think Mike enjoyed his Birthday celebration with just us and the boys.  I forgot to mention that afternoon we celebrated with friends and had Soup fest 2013 at Olive Garden.  The name soupfest is a name we made up last year when we went in 2012.  All it means is that we all (Lambs, Fox, and Schmids) go to Olive Garden and order all you can eat salad and soup for $6.99 and see how much we can eat :)  It's a fun tradition and this year it worked out we could go on Mike's Birthday. It was a little different this year since Mike's car broke down on the way to his birthday lunch and had to get picked up on the side of the road while we all were waiting for him....but....he got there and we ate and we had fun.

Happy Birthday Mike!!! Woohoo for being 1/3 of a century!  (That's a quote from you)







notice who opens the Birthday presents once you have kids

Max patiently waits his turn







a close up of all of Mike's cards he got for his Birthday

My awesome decorations

Hydracoach

No comments:

Post a Comment