Saturday, April 5, 2014

Craft time!!!


I just finished 3 craft projects I thought I'd share. 

Craft  #1

So I went to pier one and saw these adorable Easter bunny ear napkin holders.  I wanted them!  But they were $3 each, and I wanted 10, I didn't really feel like spending $30 on napkin holders so I asked my sister if she thought we could make them.  We already had the burlap and hotglue, so it'd be free, and that way we could make them for me, her, my mom, and Jennie. 

Pier One Example
 Well timing was perfect because March 2nd and 3rd we got snow and ice so Aunt Kelley came to stay with us.  We decided to tackle the bunny ear napkin holder project during the storm. I think they turned out pretty cute.


the ring part of the ear is a paper towl or toilet paper roll.
Now everytime Alex finds an emtpy roll he yells - lets save these for Aunt Kelley!


On the first day of lent, even though there was still ice and snow, I put up our cross and our Happy Easter flag.

I got in the closet and found some old decorations for our table.  The placemats are actually from Alex's nursery when we attempted to hang them up on the ceiling (Fail).  I did buy one yard of cheveron fabric on sale at hobby lobby for "fake napkins" and I bought a few new burplap flowers for the centerpiece, and some updated Easter eggs.  Here is the final Easter look

Home made burlap bunny ear napkin holders


Made 4 for the bar area too

CRAFT #2

I wanted the boys to be excited about Easter, similar to what they were for Christmas.  I wanted them to better understand the season of Lent, why we recognize it, and what we can get out of it. Too often kids don't talk about Easter at all, than just focus on the Easter bunny the week of - celebrate Easter that day, and than forget about it.  I wanted the kids to get more out of Easter this year, me and Mike too. I wasn't sure what to do until our Church handed out a booklet with 40 prayers in it.  One for each day in Lent.The prayers were written by members of our church of all ages.  I decided to stuff 40 Easter eggs.  I put a prayer in each one.  They also had candy such as jelly beans or sweet tarts, some had small surprises from Walmart, Target, Dollar Store, etc.  We would open them during lent leading up to Easter.  I wasn't sure what to put all of the Easter eggs in, so I got a pallet for a neighboring dumpster (new construction benefit, haha) and I put some burlap around the outside and some leftover cheveron fabric over the top.  I went to the associate store (best bargin place ever) and found Easter grass for 15 cents a bag, score!!

Below is the finished product






CRAFT #3

My jewelry was a mess - a MESS.  Blame it on the move, blame it on me never wearing it, blame it on me having two boys that love to sneak in an try to wear my necklaces - or blame it on the fact that I stored it in 4 places, one of them being a drawer (disaster waiting to happen) - I'm not sure - but one thing is for sure.....my jewelry was a mess.  It needed to be fixed, asap.

I get an idea -one Tuesday I had free - both time and free of both boys - I go to Lowes and see what I can do. I went down most of the aisles and tried to find a cheap but good solution.  I bought all of the below for $13.

Here is the spot I planned to hang my jewelry 


The necklaces were too heavy for just the adhesive option - which was plan number 1, but have no fear planned number two - adding a screw int the middle, has worked great.  It's stayed up 2 weeks and counting.

Next up I wanted to organize my earrings.  I found the below cork board at Target for $10.  I was excited because not only did it look cute but it would fit in my narrow space. It wasn't any work at all, I just hung it with one nail and put my earrings in it.


Finished product!!!  I am so extremely excited to have all of my jewelry organized.  Now I can start adding some variety to my daily jewelry choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment