Saturday, April 5, 2014

Where have I been? What haven't I been blogging?


NEW DESK!!! OFFICE RENOVATION PROJECT

That's where I've been...computerless

So I am on a facebook yard sale site.  I find great deals on it, it's fun to look through, and I even sell quite a bit of stuff on it.  It's fun for me and the boys to sell something we don't need and than go get some cash and spend it on fun things.  Last week I sold a jogginb stroller, an old play camera, 4 dresses, an old computer desk, and made over $100 - just by uploading a few pictures and meeting up with them.

So...a few weeks ago I was looking on the site and someone put a HUGE computer desk on there.  I thought it was a decent price.  I asked them if they would take $150 less and they said yes - I was pretty sold.  I talked to Mike about it.  We've always wanted a big computer desk with lots of space and room to put all of mike's history books.  Our office before was pretty dinky....we even had a $50 "scrapbook" table from Sams up.  We went to look at the desk and decided we really wanted it.  My dad let us borrow his truck the next day so Mike took a long lunch and we got it just the two of us from Bella Vista to our house....I mean garage :)  after we did all that moving we didn't have enough energy to actually get it into the house.
We moved it in piece by piece day by day and got our friend Matt Fox to help with the rest.  Finally...it was in!  I spent one afternoon getting all of Mike's books from the garage and putting them on the shelf.  These books have been in storage since March 2011 when we found out we were pregnant with Alex and Mike's office had to be turned into a nursery. It was so fun to look through them and dust them off and display them.  Below are some pictures from our adventure.

The whole time our computer was in pieces so no internet except on my phone, so I didn't really blog. Now that we have a new desk, computer up and ready and internet, I thought it was time to catch up.  Thanks for being patient.  

Trip one of two

trip two of two
 We drove soooo slow in dad's truck.  We tied everything down so tight but we were so nervous.  It was so windy. I think we topped out at 45 on the bypass.  We didn't lose anything so it worked.
Mike putting the big two pieces together

oh my...I looked over and Alex was sticking his hand through the cord hole

the desk is getting put together!  Alex is loving"his" new desk.

the desk is finished!  We love it.  
I thought it would be a few years before we got the office nicer and more like the way we have wanted an office. I was excited to find such a good buy and it actually work out.  It was a LOT of work getting it transported and getting it put up in our house, but very worth it. I'm excited Mike's office is starting to look more like he's always wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment