Saturday, August 16, 2014

Back to School Frame


I wanted to share a fun idea I worked on today for Max.

I wanted to make a frame for him to hold on the First day of school.  I wanted to make it so that I could see his outfit but also have some fun details about him.  What grade, his name, teacher, etc.  

I found this frame in a dumpster across the street - remember we live in a new construction neighborhood so our dumpsters are just wood and construction left overs :)  but you could use an old frame you have in your house or even get one at Hobby Lobby 50 percent off.  I spray painted mine black.


I got construction paper - Red, brown, and green and made 3 apples.  I painted the letters on with white paint
I found a free printable (Thank you for printing Aunt Kelley) just by searching internet images.  There are so many to choose from.  The printable says First Day of Kindergarten 2014-2015.
For whatever event we use the frame for whether it be First day of school, last day of school, Halloween, etc, etc,  I can just print a new printable and put it in place of the old one.
I found a burlap flower in the craft closet to add to the frame in the upper right hand corner
I found his name at Hobby Lobby.  The letters are around $1.29-$1.79 each, I can't remember BUT they are 30 percent off.  I barely put them on so I can interchange that with Alex if I need to when Alex starts school.
Finally I found a little clipboard $4.99 at Hobby Lobby but I of course used a 40 percent off coupon to buy it.  The little clipboard has fun facts about the picture, so in this case, about Max and his first day of Kindergarten.  It just clips on and off real easy so I will be able to update that as needed.

Me and Max decided to test out the final product.  I will get a picture of him on his first day of Kindergarten on Monday!!!  Of course I will get better lighting etc so hopefully it all shows up better :)


up close of the clipboard


I look forward to using it for Max's first day of Kindergarten and many fun events to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment