Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekend getaways

Mike wanted to spend a weekend with his Grandpa in Delight.  Matt, his brother, wanted to join and he had Bekah, so Mike decided to take Max too and they would head down the 4 of them.  MiMi helped watch the kids so Mike and Matt could spend some quality time with their 95 year old Grandpa.  Me and Alex decided to stay up here and bond so we wouldn't get in the way - plus he's potty training so a 4.5 hour trip didn't sound like the best idea :)

The 3 Lamb cousins before they left

Alex did not want to get our of the car - he wanted to go!!!  He cried and cried when they pulled out of the driveway

but than he got happy again when he realized he got to stay and have fun with mommy

We went to Sams on a date night.  Who doesn't love a hotdog at Sams?

movie night in the movie room 
On Saturday me and Alex went down to A to Z with Jennie and my mom - fun day trip and found some awesome buys!!!!

I love this Our Family book holder I found for $2
On Saturday night me and Alex headed out to my parents for a sleepover

alex spent a lot of time on his Grandpa's lap

I got several updates from the Delight trip.  The kids played with legos while they were down there.  Look at all of the legos!!

alex enjoyed some corn on the cobb at Grandma's

Mike and Matt enjoyed some supper with their Grandpa

Alex keeps in close proximity of Grandpa at all times



Max sent me this picture - so cool what he built

Sunday morning me and Alex head to church with my parents.  At 11am we got out of Sunday school, looked outside and this is what we saw!  It was snowing hard with blizzard like conditions









I called Mike immediately....Reports of accidents on I-540 were all over the news with pictures of cars off the roads. That's exactly where Matt and Mike were headed to get home!



After 6 hours - Matt and Mike call to let us know they made it up I-540 - finally - slow going of course - and my dad decided to drive me and Alex to meet them on I-540.  We left Mike's car in Sonora

Alex bundled up ready for a snowy drive




We met Mike at a gas station....me and Alex squishedi n the pilot - and we made it home

Home sweet snowy home

Matt and Bekah decided to stay the night to watch the superbowl 

Alex didn't mind the extra company


The superbowl was an aweful game! but this sure made me laugh

here were our snow totals - according to the news - we got about 6 inches
What a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment