Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I finally have my ring back!!!

As many of you know I have had issues with my ring the past few years about.  My skin gets really irritated underneath it almost like I have an alergic reaction, than I can't wear it for a while until it heals.  I've sent it off to get covered in rhodium about 4 to 5 times which supposidly is hypoallergic.  I had the problems even after I would send it off to get it covered.  Than they thought I was cleaning the house with something and it would get underneath the ring and cause skin irritation, so they would have me bring it in to get cleaned really good, and than let me hand heal, than I would put it back on.  so on and so on, etc etc.  It was a very frustrating process.  I don't think I wore my ring all of September.  Finally on Friday October 12th I met with a Jeweler who measured the rings, measured my hand and found out they were all three different sizes!  He said one was a 7.5, one was a 7 and 3/4 and my hand measured an 8!  He also mentioned that it looked like whoever soldered them together didn't do a good job and left some space between the rings which could cause moisture build up.  So, I had the rings sent off, resized to size 8, recovered in rhodium, and re soldered together again.  I also had all of the prongs resized.  I just got it back this Monday.  I am very excited about my ring, and excited to have it back. I hope whatever or all they did the 3 weeks while it was away worked and I don't continue to have ring problems.  I sure am glad to have a ring back on my finger, feels like I got engaged all over again, haha :)





- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment