Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mr and Mrs Drew Van Es

In October we made a trip down to see my cousin Drew get Married.
 
Here is a picture of Drew at my wedding 6 years ago - the 3rd one.  He was an usher at our wedding.
 
 
I was glad to be able to go to Drew's wedding and support him like he did me and mike a few years ago.  Since it was a family wedding we took the kids.  Here is a picture of all of us before the wedding.  Aren't the boys cute in their little suits?
 
 
A lot of the Van Es family were at the wedding.  We should have gotten a group picture!  Mike drove me, Todd and Jennie down.  My mom drove my dad and the 5 grandkids down.
 
Funny side story:  My dad loves showing up early places, and my mom always thinks we are going to be late.  They wanted to leave by 1 for a 5:30pm wedding that was barely 2.5 hours away.  But we also didn't want to be late and didn't really know where we were going so we agreed.  Both cars left the driveway by 1:15ish rushing down 540 :) We asked for a stop before the wedding to grab a snack and for everyone to use the bathroom (it was an outdoor wedding) and to get the kids dressed.  We stopped at a gas station 15 minutes outside the wedding.  We got there by 3:30!  We all got a kick out of this.  We stopped for a while and let everyone stretch their legs and pretty much took over the whole gas station with the 5 kids.  AFter a few family phone calls to prove to my parents the wedding started at 5:30 and not 5:00....we hopped in the car and headed to the wedding.  You will be glad to know we got there safely and on time. 
 
Below are some pictures of the Beautiful Wedding.  I was very impressed with everything.  So many personal touches and kid friendly. They had smores with a big bonfire, games, baggo, a chili bar, punch, a dance floor, glow sticks, a photobooth and more.  A neat idea they had is instead of a guest book they had a paragraph about them that you filled in the blanks.  I thought that was unique.

Max and Mabry had fun before the wedding "playing" boche ball

Laney sat by me for some of the wedding

Alex in his little suit before his first wedding


Here is Mabry's attempt to take a picture of Me and Mike before the wedding.  Behind us you can see the old truck that had everything to make smores in it.

me and mike took a back up pictures of ourselves :)


 
We danced a little at the wedding.  This is the cutest picture of Max dancing with Alex. If you can't tell Alex has the biggest smile on his face.

I took Mabry and Max out on the dance floor to dance "The Wobble"





Me and Mike took some pictures in the photo booth before we left.
 
It was a fun wedding.  Best Wishes to my cousin Drew and Natalie!!! I hope they have many many years of Happiness together.

No comments:

Post a Comment