Saturday, January 12, 2013

2 weeks into the new year

We are approaching 2 weeks into the new year.  I thought I would take a look on our goals and see how we're doing.

1. Sell this house!!! 
Well, we got it on the market, so that's a start.  We officially put it on 1-7-13 and have already had 2 showings. The last showing we were eating dinner and it was slightly hectic, but we were happy to have a showing.  Our shower is getting fixed January 23rd - by professionals - not us - so that is a relief as well.  Now we're working on decluttering the house.  This weekend we are tackling our garage, attic, and storage shed to see how we can reorganize them to make everything fit better....and put up Christmas totes.  Hoping to make some progress there. I feel like since we have a new realtor, a cleaner more updated house, and even lowered the price again - we are on a better track to selling this house.
2. Get Max on a preschool waiting list. 
This has kind of been ont he back burner these last two weeks - I have gotten a couple reccomendations now I just need to look into them and I guess look at prices and waiting lists.
3. Get Max enrolled in a sport. 
I did this!!!  Max is enrolled to play soccer this Spring!!!  Soccer is an odd choice since neither me nor mike played it - well unless you count the few intramural college games, but it's the only sport I found he was old enough to plan and was starting this spring.  I think Max will love playing it, and I am excited he will be part of a team and trying something new.
4. Lose weight and eat healthy.
So far so good - this is a long process though.  I've lost about 3.5 pounds - Mike has lost a few too - but more importantly I ran 3 times last week and did the shred workout - all since last Sunday.  So in less than a week I had 4 awesome workouts.  We're also eating a little healthier but definately making better choices. 
5. Plan Max's Birthday party.
DONE!  We reserved the Monkey house for his actual Birthday.  I already sent out the invites, now to work on the small stuff.  I think I'm going to try and make him a banner and a few signs for decorations around the house.  He wants a Looney Tunes theme.  That stuff isn't easy to find.  Luckily my mom found 5 balloons and plates and napkins.  Now I just need to fill in the gaps and decide what we are getting Max for the Big 4th Birthday - first on the list - a booster seat!
6. Plan a beach vacation!!!
This has defiantely been on the back burner.  I need to get on this.  Luckily we have a lot of time.  This will be fun to plan. 
7. Plan an overnight fun trip for me and Mike. 
I had an overnight trip planned for February to Branson, than I remembered that my friend Bre is turning 30 and wants everyone to go to Eureka Springs for her Birthday.  Me and Mike decided we'll just stay a night or two there and make that our overnight trip together...planned for MArch 1st.  We're excited for a little time away.
8. Blog more :)
I'm blogging right now!  We'll call that progress :)

So far so good - 2 weeks down - 50 to go this year! haha

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment