Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

2013

A New Year

Me and Mike went on our first date in September 2003, that means this is year number 10 for us! Crazy to think about really.  This year we have so much planned, so many goals, so many "New Year's Resolutions", so wish us luck, because we're determined to have an awesome year.  Here's a rundown...

1.   Sell this house!!!  Our Contract on our house ended on Thanksgiving.  We decided not to renew. It gave us a great and needed break for the Holidays.  Now we have to clean up - seriously declutter - make a few changes - find a new realtor - and get this house back on the market!!  Number one goal this year is getting serious about selling this house and doing whatever it takes.  Why the rush?  Well several reasons.  We want to be in Bentonville/Rogers closer to Mike's work.  It will save him time and gas.  We also want Max to get into the Bentonville school district so we would love to start him in Bentonville preschool by this August. Also, we really want to get this house sold and build a home and move into the home all while I am a stay at home mom.  Trying to do that with 2 small kids and BOTH of us working would be near impossible so we really want to get everything situated before I go back to work. 
2.  Get Max on a preschool waiting list.  We have a lot of research to do on this one.  Want him started by August so he can have a whole year in preschool before Kindergarden starts.
3.  Get Max enrolled in a sport.  We're thinking maybe soccer?
4. Lose weight and eat healthy.  This is a big one.  Me and Mike both have some pounds to shed (me more than him).  I think he wants to lose about 15 and I need to lose 40.  I know - big goal - but you have to aim big right?  I just need to eat way more healthy and exercise a lot more often.  This year I'm taking it serious.  No more stopping just because I have a bad day or life takes a turn.  I have to push through and stick it out. Mike is a great encourager, now I just need to do it.  We took before pictures and weighed ourselves today.  I hope I get to give a fun update here in about 3 months.
5. Plan Max's Birthday party.  I mean I have to plan Alex's too but Max's is 7 weeks from Saturday, so I need to get started on that.
6. Plan a beach vacation!!!  Our family vacation this year hopefully will be the beach.  Now I just need to find some dates that will work and an affordable place.  
7. Plan an overnight fun trip for me and Mike.  We're thinking Branson.  Maybe Valentine's Day.  We'll see.  We just think it would be fun to to take a short fun trip together.
8. Blog more :)

So that's a run down of our to do list.  I'm sure there's more that will come to mind. This list however is going to take up most of my time and energy for now.

Happy 2013!!  
Mike, Ash, Max, and Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment