Saturday, August 21, 2010

Making Programs for the wedding




So, my sister asked me to help make the program for her Hilton Head wedding. I started out with the simple 8.5 x 11 folded in half program. Than we thought of an idea. Outdoor Wedding, in July, on the beach. What could be better than a program fan?! I decided I could make them myself. It was so much easier than I expected, and I think they turned out great. All we did was print the two sided program on regular 8.5 by 11 paper and cut them out. Then, we went to a local paint store and asked them if we could have 75 of their paint sticks and they gave them to us at no charge! We than went to Walmart and picked out a metalic spray paint and painted the sticks. Than we bought spray adhesive and glued the two backs together with a stick in the middle. AFter that we picked out some ribbon and tied it on the stick and voila - a program fan! They were fun to make and needless to say we definitely got some use out of them on the beach. Glad I was able to help my sister with her wedding programs - and no -mike and I are not going into the business of making program fans - well unless there is another family wedding in the future that is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment