Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Recliner

Ownership of the recliner has always been in question at our house. A few months before Mike and I got married, we decided to buy a house. AFter the house we picked out our first furniture set together. I really wanted chocolate brown leather, and Mike really wanted recliners in all of the couches and a recliner. We ended up buying a recliner, couch, and loveseat. The recliner was always his. Any night we would have company or just watch tv or get home from work, MIke would sit in the recliner, and I would sit ont he couch right next to him...Fast forward a couple of years until my pregnancy. The recliner was sometimes more comfortable at night for me, and pregnant woman sometimes get what they want - wink wink - so I found the ownership of the recliner slower switching over to me. Fast forward...Max arrives. Since I was nursing Max and would rock him to sleep at night, of course, you guessed it...I continued to get the recliner at night. Me and Mike would make little jokes about it here and there about how of course I still got to use the recliner since I was still nursing...fast forward...In February 2010 I stopped nursing Max. Maybe it was finally time for the daddy of the house to get back ownership of the recliner....but someone else in the household thinks it's there turn...any guesses? see below.....when will Mike get back the recliner? I think that will always be a standing joke in our family. Good thing we have 4 other recliners in our living room or it might be a bigger deal for daddy...haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment