Sunday, August 29, 2010

Reception at James at the Mill - all photos by Mike!

We had a big reception for Kelley and Gran at James at the Mill on Saturday July 31st. Since their wedding was a destination, this gave a chance for everyone to see the happy couple and to gether together and talk about the wedding! We had a slide show of the wedding, great food by the chefs at James at the Mill, two great cakes from Shelby Lynn's, a favor table by me, and a guest book and picture table that my mom decorated. Everything turned out so beautiful. It was a lot of fun to visit with everyone about the wedding. A big thanks to Phyllis for helping set up and big thanks to the Humphrey's for helping clean up! What a day what a day

Note - sorry they are in reverse order - I have to get better at this!!


We send the bride and groom off with bubbles
Kelley with Family from Russellville

Kelley and Aunt Lora...yes they are similar in age!


Another cute picture of Caleb I had to put up



The Shaw's with mom...probably saying - your done vee!!!




Beautiful flowers at the reception





The Guest book table. It also included pictures from the wedding and pictures from their parent's weddings






Time to cut the cake - I think Gran was nervous about this!!







"The Neighbors"Criag and Myra - thanks for coming!! see you soon! haha



The Shirley's came from Texas!! and had the privilege of eating dinner with us the night before. Thanks for making the trip and see you in October!!









Caleb - first time I met him - he is my second cousin and lives in Chicago. He turned 1 the weekend after the reception. What a cutie!










The food -






































Kelley shows off her ring to Chanda - who came from Tulsa














Mike Shaw with Wen - my dad's brother















Us kids and our spouses at the reception!














Van Es Grandkids and spouses at reception
















Mary Frannie picks up her little sister Laney















Gran and his Dad














The Great Grandchildren ( not counting david of course..haha)















Kelley and Gran outside the Mill































I loved the running water with the on - great job Mike!!















The Happy Couple















My dad and mom with Grandma ( my dad's mom)















Max - not his best behavior at the reception but boy did he have a blast!!
















The Grooms cake - a golf theme


































The brides cake - I loved it! The seashells were made from fondant. Shelby Lynn's always does the best job.






























































The favor table. I took this on as a project of mine. I definatley had help from Phyllis, Kelley, and mom, but I helped bring the idea together. We had everything blue, green and white. I loved it. It was sure a big hit with the kids - but I saw plenty of adults around it too!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment