Thursday, December 19, 2013

Day 2 - Winter Storm - Friday

Did I ever think I would have to break this storm post into days?  NO!  I couldn't believe it.  We woke up Friday morning and more snow.  We were happy with that.  Little did we know MORE was on the way.


Friday morning early - during breakfast - here comes more snow


I found some of Max's old rain boots for Alex to wear.

Alex is ready for the snow!

Max and Alex get ready to go play

Measuring the snow.  Friday afternoon 1pm we had over 8 inches still snowing hard and heavy



It started to come down hard - I told Max he had to come in.















Mike worked from home that day.  He took a lunch break to take the kids sledding.









It was a little deep!  We had to look hard for places to sled




lunch was found in teh freezer that day

Chili in crockpots for the cold winterstorm weekend. 
 A friend sent me this picture in Springdale.  Cars and trucks were sliding everywhere.  We knew we wouldn't be going anywhere for a while.


Friday afternoon, our Sunday school class party got canceled.  It was suppose to be at our house Saturday evening.  I was sad but also relieved.  I was sad because I was looking forward to people, hanging out with friends, making blankets, the kids having someone to play with, and getting to entertain in our new house.  I was relieved because after the 4 of us already stuck in teh house for 48 hours and counting...our house was starting to look like the winter storm had hit inside!  If you know what I mean

SO

We decided to take the sugar cookies we had made for the party and deliver them to neighbors



Our neighbors, Julie, Gerald, and their daughter Maddie met us outside for a few slides down the hill




Goodnight Winter Storm Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment