Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Deer Season 2013

Ok - this will be the last blog - from a long time ago....but I can't not post about Deer season - it will be short one..

The second weekend in November, also known as Open Deer Season weekend in Arkansas, we made a trip down for Deer season.  We left on Thursday after Mike got home from work and headed down to my Grandma's in Russellville.  We left Friday morning after a great visit with my Grandma and headed to Delight.  We got there by lunch on Friday and didn't have to leave until Monday afternoon.  

the boys playing cars at Nana's house in Russellville

On the road to Delight Friday morning, beautiful day

nap time



Arrived at Mimi's house by lunch.  We went to eat with Aunt Tammy and MiMi and PawPaw at Mom's kitchen there in Delight.  Delicious meal as always.  Than we headed back to the house to play a while.  It was beautiful outside.



the sky was so incredible that day.  I had to snap a few pictures.  It was like a magazine.


snack time

Alex stayed with MiMi at the house and me and Mike took Max to the deer stand to work on it.  Mike wanted to make sure everything was ready to go for the Saturday morning hunt.  I had bought him some camo burlap for his stand, I know...best wife ever right? haha so he wanted to hang that up as well.


Max enjoyed helping his daddy....eventhough this was as high as I would let him go.




Either Mike was teaching Max something here or Max was getting in trouble...or both

Next up was a trip to Grandpa Lamb's house. 

Think I brought enough snacks.  In my defense a lot were dairy free options for Alex

Alex begging to turn the lights on and off


asking for more silly string



Nate got a deer Saturday morning.  It was a Buck!  We raced over to see it









Me and Bekah were checking up on her growth


Saturday evening...my turn to go hunting with Mike!!!  We look forward to our annual hunting date night


my view

my manditory picture I made post for.....
We got one too!!!
This is me taking a picture of the back up camera.  I got a kick out of it


the kids helping late at night

little toot stuck under the glider.  He was fine - so I took a picture first

I edited this picture of our date night


Sunday morning church time!


We gave Layton a ride and joked how thats how our backseat would look if we had another boy.  Oh Boy...


MiMi posed for a few pictures with the kids



Sunday afternoon....we headed to Grandpa Lamb's house to help clean up some tree limbs, and leaves, etc.













After that was a well deserved trip to the park



well deserved nap


I went hunting with Mike Sunday night again!  It was fun to go twice


my friend spikey....he wasn't legal so I just took pictures

On the road again...Monday mid morning....
kids were worn out from the weekend

Me and Mike took advantage of this and bought icecream at sonic!  We don't do this when Alex is awake since he can't have any.  We loved the special treat.

popcorn and a movie when the kids woke up
Long story short we had to travel back through Russellville to my Grandma's house on the way back home.  She had my wedding ring...didn't want her to mail that!

We got home Monday evening and had some time to relax. Another great Deer season in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment