Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving and Mom's Birthday post!!!!


I don't know about you, but this year I was sure thankful for my mom this Thanksgiving.
Her birthday happen to fall on Thanksgiving day this year. At first I felt bad for her.  I mean, if your Birthday falls on a Holiday than sometimes your special day might get lost in the busy right?  Well after I had time to think about it.....Her entire family was coming together to celebrate her special day, her sister was driving 12 hours from Colorado, we were all off work, and going to fix a big feast for her Birthday.....maybe that is the best kind of Birthday to have?

Aunt Phyllis babysat Alex so that me and my mom could go get pedicures and manicures.  That was so nice of Aunt Phyllis.  me and mom enjoyed some peaceful and relaxing time together

me and mom enjoyed our pedicures.

awesome cheese I found at Sams I bought for an appetizer for Thanksgiving

Max spent some quality time with Aunt Phyllis and her ipad

Where there is chocolate.....Alex isn't far away

I made Alex special cupcakes this Thanksgiving with sprite instead of eggs.  They were delicious.  We will make them again soon.

Alex loves to build blocks in the living room

setting the kids table

Turkey time

Happy Birthday Grandma



awesome icechest from Jennie and Todd





red dishes from Aunt Phyllis


Grandparent t shirts from us

Alex saying he was sorry for hitting Mary Frannie in the head with a wooden train



Thanksgiving was over....well the eating and celebrating part....now it was time to SHOP!!!! Walmart first.  We had to get Max a gift.  saved me well over $115 on just one gift and found some great deals.  Was it worth the maddess?  I think so.  Sure it was a little crazy and much patience was needed but all in all it is a great memory I have with Jennie and Phyllis and my mom.  Would I do it again?  maybe :)

Walmart

Walmart

Belk....MADNESS!!!!!!
What am I thankful for this year?  What am I not Thankful for this year?

a caring and supportive family, a loving hardworking husband, 2 energetic fun boys, great friends, a new home, my church, my sunday school class, and my growing faith.

Hope you all had a Happy Thankgiving!!

ps...do i get extra points for getting this post done before Christmas? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment