Saturday, December 7, 2013

Its begining to look a lot like Christmas

I had so much fun decorating our house for Christmas this year.  This is our first Christmas in the new house so I had to figure out a good spot to put everything.  We started with the indoors, after all since we started so early (the week of my Birthday) I didn't want my neighbors to think I was crazy :)  We started first by putting together our new tree from Mike's mom.  Mike's mom decided she wanted to down size this year so she gave us her big 7 foot tree for our house.  Everything slowly came together and I love how everything turned out.


Putting out decorations - some new for my birthday - trying to decide what goes where!

hmmm....the new 7 foot tree

I decided to hang up my different front door wreaths like this.  That way I can see what I have an easily get them when its time to switch them, etc

yard decorations for this year - the blow up santa and reindeer broke so we took them back to Walmart.  Think I'll stick with the light up wire ones from now on.

Mike's mom forgot to pack a tree stand so we went and bought one.  I had a hard time finding a medal one so I bought a plastic one - this was a big FAIL.

we couldn't get it to stand up straight.  This tree is so heavy

We put our old smaller tree in the dining room.

my little reindeer helper

woohoo!!  Pepe the Pilot's costume for this winter

the boys loved decorating their very own tree.  I have them som boy ornaments to put on there and they also have made some for their tree.





Well....It was either a bad plastic stand, a heavy tree, OR my 4 year old - but when I came in the living room this is what I saw.  It stayed like this for a few days until we could find a new metal stand.

I bought the boys a train at the associate store.  They like playing with it.  Its not the most impressive thing ever and its hard to stay on the tracks - but to a 2 and 4 year - its like the coolest toy ever - so it works

Mary Frannie in the dancing hat

Tree up - Lights on - ready to decorate!!!!! Thank you Mary Frannie for helping me with the lights

Our Fireplace and tree in the new home - I love it

The 4 snowman I bought like 75 percent off last year. They stayed here for one night until the wind blew them everywhere!  They now live by our front door.  They youngest got badly injured but we made him a cast and he looks better now.

getting some new trees at Hobby Lobby for the fireplace

This garland about drove me crazy.  It kept falling down, it was prelit - didn't work - didn't find that out til it was hung - took DAYS to figure out....I'll probably never hang it again BUT I love it, absolutely love how it turned out.

a view of our living room at night.




The boys had fun putting these up.  Unfortunately on the sign is left.  Had to take the blow ups back to Walmart.  They did not survive the first few days of winter.


Our fence by the garage door.  I couldn't stop decorating.

love this deer I found at the associate store

Our front door.  The garland took some work, but after we finally decided to drill some hooks in the brick, it stays up great. 

Family of 4 Snowman.  Me, Max, Alex, and Mike

Finished product

Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment