Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Alex's party day!!!

 
Over the Labor Day Weekend we celebrated Alex's 2nd Birthday with Family and Friends.  Below are some pictures of the big day.  I really enjoyed setting everything up and seeing how everything turned out. The weather was actually pretty perfect.  It wasn't that hot, and was a little cloudy.  The kids got to play outside and than a storm blew in just as we were about to head inside anyways for gifts. I am so Thankful for all of the family and friends that were able to make it to celebrate Alex's Birthday. Alex and the other kids looked like they had a blast.  Our house is so much easier to entertain in now.  It has such a good floor plan for big groups of people. I enjoyed getting to show off our house to the Wagner Family. Enjoy the pictures of Alex's Party....I apologize in advance for way too many of them :)
 
I made little signs for all of the outdoor activities
 
Pluto's play box was the sand box

Goofy's Bounce house was the trampoline

MIckey's Clubhouse was the swing set

The train looked good all set up for the party!

The kids liked this game I made up.  I had box lids that I cut holes out of.  I just hung them from the fence with some ribbon.  I bought water bombs from target, 4 for 50 cents since they were on summer clearance.  They are just kid sponges that we can get wet and use over and over again.  The kids enjoyed trying to get the water bombs in the different holes.
Oh Toodles Toss Game


Choo Choo Express Choo Choo train

Make your own MIckey's Clubhouse out of boxes

soccer net on the left, water balloons on the right.  YES  I blew up tons of water balloons for the kids and had them ready for the party.

Extra shade.  We actually ended up bringing the cupcakes outside to sing to Alex.  It worked out perfect because the kids were all wet and that way they could be messy with the cupcakes too.

Water guns and bubbles

The Drink station

We used the dining room to set up the food



I made a 4 for Max's Birthday, so for Alex's Birthday I made a 2. Ironically on the back on Max's 4 was a big 95 for Mike's Grandpa's Birthday and on the back of Alex's is a big 85 for my Grandma's birthday this weekend.  I love looking through the pictures and all the memories we have made with Alex so far.

The Thank you for coming party favor station.  They had all sorts of Mickey toys and candy.  The kids loved them.  They got to take home the water guns and bubbles too if they wanted, oh and their cup!

Grandpa with the boys.

I thought this family picture turned out pretty good.




water time!!!

Raylee and Alex enjoyed playing in the pool together.  Mike got some great pictures of the two of them.




Hudson playing in the sand box

Mabry

Max discovers water balloons

Walker and the choochoo train

Bekah and Raylee playing with the splash ball



Hudson spent a lot of time in the sandbox


Walker in the ChooChoo

Now Mabry is armed!

Will and Alexis
 The Water balloon fight has started!



Everyone gathered outside to sing Happy Birthday to Alex

I made Alex special cupcakes that were Milk and Egg Free






Alex waited so patiently to open presents

Max and Will




Will and Alex's and MAx's PawPaw

I thought this was a sweet picture.  Mike's dad is really good with babies

Grandpa was a big help at the party
 I ended up setting up a little area for the kids to dress up and take some pictures.  They look like they had fun with it.  Here are our "photobooth" pictures







 
The below are out of order because they are ones I snapped with my cell phone.


Love this picture of Alex on his party day.
 The food turned out great.  Of course I wanted to keep it small and it got a little out of hand.  I had Mickey sandwhiches, puffcorn (Alex's favorite), Alex safe chips, attempted to make a fruit Mickey, delicious meatballs, and tiny meatballs, oh, and pretzels and hummas, Alex's new favorite snack.

Thank you mom for giving me the idea of Peanut Butter and Jelly Mickey sandwiches.  To my surprise these ALL got eaten by the kids.




All 5 grandkids reading to Alex. Mary Frannie hand picked this book at Sam's for Alex's Birthday.

Alex sporting his new shoes from Aunt Jennie.  Not sure he'll wait til Christmas to wear them, he's a big fan.

Lesson learned - blowers belong in favor bags for the kids to blow on the way home, haha

Walker spent some time driving the choo choo train

Laney was pretty good at the ball toss game.

a good group picture of all of the kids that came to the party.



Will



















We bought Alex a sit and spin!
 All people might not approve, but we bought Max a gift to open for the weekend too. It was his big brother surprise. I actually found it at Rhea Lana's for $3.50 so it's not like I spent a lot. I bought him a Buckeroo game.  It's so easy to play.  I love to find games that are actually good for a 2 and 4 year old to play.  It also helps Max with his speech.  I have Jennie to thank for introducing me to this fun game.

Last picture of his party day.  All dressed up in football stuff from Grandma and Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment