Friday, September 13, 2013

Anniversary Date Night


August 12th was our 7th Wedding Anniversary. Can you believe it?
September 15th was our 10th year anniversary from our first date.

Our first date was September 15th, 2003.  We had actually hung out a lot before this date, but this was our "official" first date.  Mike lived on the other side of the duplex of a few of my best friends.  Mike moved in next door to them in mid August 2003. We still joke about remembering the very first time we ever met.  I walked in my friends side of the duplex, and there was Mike standing in the stairs as he waved hello. Everytime I would go over to see Carrie, Lauren, or Carissa, I would end up hanging out with Mike too.  Come mid September, me and Mike decided to go out on an actual date, away from the duplex, not a hog game, and just the two of us. He told me he was taking me to a restaurant in Springdale.  I thought that was odd because we were in Fayetteville and their were plenty of good restaurants there.  Also, I had lived in Springdale since I was 4 and never heard of this place.  Mike assured me it was good and that's where he wanted to take me, so we went.  It was at the time called Pattaya. Below is a very bad picture of us going back to the restaurant on our 6th Wedding anniversary. Just so you get the picture :)


We sat in lucky booth number 13, he ordered me Octopus, I took a small bite only to make him happy, I ordered Mountain Dew, he laughed, we shared fried rice.  It was a great first date followed by many, many, many more.

A brief look back over the years

Engagement picture 2006

Hot Springs 2007

Colorado 2008

2009 - little did we know my water would break hours after this photo and we would be parents!

2-16-09, Me and Mike become a family of 3

2010 - Family of 3

2011 - (One of the) Last Family picture before Alex arrives

2011 - About to become a family of 4

September 2011 Welcome baby brother Alex, now a family of 4

2012 at Max's 3rd Birthday party

Christmas 2012 photos

September 2013.  Max is now 4 and a half and Alex is 2!
 Last Friday we decided to take an "anniversary date" and just spend some time together.  Mom and Dad watched the boys and they stayed the night in Sonora.  Me and Mike headed to hit some balls at the driving range.  It was fun because we hadn't been to the driving range together in years.  Only thing was it was a little hot and we bought way too many balls - we ended up giving a few to the little kids next to us.  We stayed for a while than headed home to get ready for our fancy night out.






We went to River Grille.  Did I spell that right?  Its a nice restaurant down the road from our house.  It was a little different than our normal Chilis, Buffalo Wild Wings, or pizza date.  We enjoyed getting dressed up and having a nice quiet dinner together.  He ordered a fancy seafood dish and I ordered steak, yum.  They even gave us a free dessert for us celebrating our anniversary.





We had fun celebrating a night out and ended up renting a red box and coming home and watching a movie.  Thank you mom and dad for babysitting.  We enjoyed golf, dinner, and a movie!

Who wants to babysit next?! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment