Monday, November 4, 2013

Alex's new piggy bank

Alex loves to saves his money.  I'v blogged about it before, but literally he will find even just a penny, and run to put it in his piggy bank. I love it, especially when he is digging throuh my purse while in the cart at Walmart and yells money! and holds on to it as tight as he can til he gets home to put it in his piggy bank. His Grandpa has been an accountant for 40 plus years, maybe that's where he gets it? haha.  Well one day, as with most glass piggy banks and two years, his piggy bank took a fall and did not recover.  For a  few months we just put his money in a plastic bag and told him someday we would get him a new piggy bank. 

A few weeks ago Aunt Kelley walks in with a surprise for Alex.  It was a Razorback piggy bank to replace his old one!  Me and Mike were excited and so was Alex.  


What made the piggy bank even more special was that Kelley said Aunt Margie had given it to her.  She said she hadn't really had a use for it, but knew Alex would enjoy it, so she gave it to him.  I thought that was so sweet. I know it was probably hard for Kelley to part with, but I know she knows it gets daily use around our house and Alex enjoys it. We lost my aunt Margie (my mom's sister) in March of this year.  We miss her so much.  The piggy bank serves as a new and happy memory of my aunt Margie.  She would love to know that Alex is using it now. I never take the piggy bank down off the refrigerator for Alex to put his money in without thinking of her.  This November will be the first November I can remember that I won't be sending her a Birthday card, and then comes the first Holiday season without our aunt Margie.  I can remember celebrating the Holidays with her since I was little (see below) she was there for me from day one.  I love and miss her and will definitely be remembering her this Holiday season.





No comments:

Post a Comment