Saturday, April 6, 2013

Happy 95th Birthday Grandpa Lamb!!!!

On March 8th - 10th we had the opportunity to drive down and celebrate Mike's Grandpa's 95th Birthday!  How many times do you get to celebrate one of those?  we were so excited to go and celebrate and visit with Mike's family. I volunteered to make 95 cupcakes.  It was actually fun and the boys enjoyed helping.  Transporting them was a bit challenging, but my mom helped me find the baker's boxes from Walmart, than I just frosted them there so everything turned out great.  Matt and Bekah came down, and Shannon and Nathan and the kids came down so it was a full house at Mike's parents (who live a few miles from his Grandpa also in Delight) but we always have fun with all of us there.  Tons of family and friends showed up at Grandpa's house on Saturday to celebrate and we pretty much hung out there most of the day.  The adults visited and the kids played and played and played.


The supplies for the cupcakes

Max enjoyed a peaceful ride down and so did we :)

Y cities bathrooms were out - so Mike had to take Max to a porta potty - needless to say I held it


95 cupcakes baked and ready to be iced!

The boys played in Delight as soon as we arrived.  Alex was watching over the snacks.

My boys, a pink jeep, and a powpow - what a sight

All the kids trying to fit in one jeep

Me and Bekah playing on the porch

listening to Mike and PawPaw play music

playing some music themselves!

I enjoyed getting to listen to MIke and his dad play a little guitar

Alex attempting to pull everyone in the wagon

Alex and Bekah both in MiMi's lap

Layton, Max, Alex, and Haleigh

Grandpa's Birthday cake

I loved this picture of Alex with his MiMi....love their smiles


playing music for Grandpa

Grandpa Lamb with his kids

we were so fortunate to have nice enough weather to all sit and visit outside

They turned out pretty good?  Thank you Shannon for your help on arranging them.

I made Grandpa Lamb a big 95 full of pictures of him and all of his friends and family.  I was so proud of this.

MiMi wore herself out pushing Alex around...but Alex loved every minute



These were just a few of the pictures I snapped on my iphone but they help the story.  What a fun weekend in Delight.  Looking forward to our next trip down - turkey season - this next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment