Friday, April 5, 2013

Moving out - once is good enough for me

I had to include some pictures of our move.  Since we had 7 years worth of "stuff" I knew it was going to take a while to get everything out.  Not to mention having Max and Alex around to "help" sometimes slowed us down a bit.  We started the move mid February after Max's Birthday.  We slowly packed up some stuff we new we could live without.  Move out day was set for Sunday March 10th.  That would be the day we start living with my parents.  Friday March 15th WAS the ORIGINAL close date on the house.  We still have not closed yet.  Long story short Obama has the Rural Development (RD) Loans all backed up because it looked like he wasn't going to pass them for the state of Arkasnas because we made too much money last year.  Well last Wednesday he passed them.  Good for us - but not so good is that they are way backed up.  This affects our buyer's buyer.  So our house is 100 percent moved out of sitting there clean and empty.  We are moved into my parents house still waiting to close on our house.  ETA on the close date for Drexelwood is April 22nd.  Hopefully than we can start moving on the new house.  We are so excited about our new house - but that's a whole blog to come :)

Enjoy the pictures!



Load of toys to head to Grandma's house.

moving time is a good time to empty out piggy banks and put the money in the boys saving accounts (donations always accepted) haha

tubs, tubs, and more tubs

boxes, boxes, and more boxes....

The piggy banks are emptied and money ready to go to the bank!

Me and Mike made a few trips to the storage building on the first day we got it, while my mom watched the boys.  It was literally freezing - 31 degrees.  I had gloves on.  At this point we're thinking.....there's plenty of room!

What our living room looked like 24/7 for about a month

Our first storage building

making prgoress. this was not easy.  these shelves were breakable city

Getting the boys situated at my parents house.  They share a room/playroom.  Everything ended up fitting pretty well

Max stays on the daybed and Alex has the toddler bed

Alex's bed

Making even more progress on the house

Mike's driving skills of the uhaul were slightly under par.  Here I sit in my dad's truck with a truck load of stuff watching Mike attempt to back by our storage building.  please notice the pole.  I knew I could do nothing but sit and watch.  but I took this picture for evidence.  To my surprise - there was an inch to spare.

look at this living room!  I put my dad in charge of vacuuming.  Anything to keep his mind off of attempting to lift anything heavy.

Keep or Garage sale?

We only rented the uhaul for one day (we're a little cheap like that) so we made several trips wtih my dad's truck through the week.  Thank you dad

Our garage was a chore

at this point we're thinking....hmmm not a lot of room left....we ended up having to rent storage building number 2

my dad saving every nail, and every screw

woohoo garage!!!  Thank you sweeper mom

Look at this trash.  oh my.  I still can't believe they took everything away. 

Garage sale - coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment