Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fire balls


So many of you already know, but Alex electricuted himself.  I had to still blog about it though because I need to document this story for future use.

Before I start the story let me assure you no one was injured and we were very lucky.

The story.....

I was putting a load of clothes into the dryer.  Alex comes running up to me yelling something.  I can't quite make out what he is trying to tell me, and honestly I wasn't that concerned because that is everyday Alex behavior.  Than, he repeated it.  Fireballs mommy!!!  My mommy mode switched on, Did my son just say FIRE balls? AT that point I decide to stop putting clothes in the dryer and pay more attention to him.  I look at his hands, they were black. 

1.  3 year old yelling fireball
2.  3 year old has black hands
ok....now he has my full attention

I grab his hands and tell him to show me where the fireballs are and he shows me the light socket.  I realized he had electricuted himeself.  I immediately took pictuers and texted my mother in law, mike, and my mom.  I also put an immediate call into the nurse at our doctor's office.  Alex appeared fine, he was a little scared but breathing was fine, and his hands were not burnt, just black.  I calm myself and collect my thoughts and than our lucky starts that it appears everything is just fine.






The nurse eventually called and gave us the all clear.  Mimi called and said Mike had done the same thing as a kid.  Next, me and Alex had a LONG talk about why you never ever ever ever ever ever touch a light socket and definitely do NOT play with one.

Good news is I think he is so scared hopefully he never touches one again.

Alex is fine, All is well

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment