Monday, October 27, 2014

Preparing to turn 3

So I can't believe I never did a blog about Alex's Birthday.  I am so glad I am starting to catch up.


Alex decided he wanted an Olaf Birthday.  I have to admit.  When I first heard he wanted a snowman Birthday in Summer, I was confused.  Than I got excited and thought it would be fun an unusual.  than, I actually started to look around and found out some others had done the same thing!  So Olaf Birthday it was, and boy was it fun.

Here's his invitation.  I paid someone $8 to design it, and than I made the invites myself.



I got a crazy idea to use some old white socks and stuffing in the attic and some felt we had to try and make tiny olafs for the kids to take home.  It was fun, and not that much work.  A few olafs a day I would say, haha.



3 weeks before the party and the invites were in the mail.



Time to start decorating.  My sister made the tuelle olaf whose home is now a preschool in Clarksville.  Isn't is cute?  I made the sun and the back drop for the food table.

I had a dream.....
The beachball archway.  It was complicated, but we finally figured out a way for it to work thanks to Mike.

Beach ball archway complete!

Party favor table was underway.

$3, 6 foot tall olaf - check!  I was super proud of this.


Oalf party favor table complete!







Some gifts started to arrive in teh mail.  A backpack my mom found him.


an Olaf lunchbox!



Got this from the $1 store and made a little photo op out of it.



As a tradition I always make the number my boys are turning out of pictures through the years.  Here is Alex's number 3.  Fun fact.  I actually save these and hang them in our attic.










My sister helped me make his Birthday banner out of paper we had in the closet.


Decorating done....now it's Birthday time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment