Friday, October 24, 2014

Its begining to look a lot like fall


When I got put on bed rest, I decided I needed a project on the couch to keep me busy.  I decided to make a burlap Fall banner for our fireplace.  My mom liked it, so I made her one too.  I had plenty of time on my hands.  I made ours white and orange and I mixed it up a bit on hers and added her favorite color yellow, and green, since she has a lot of fall in her house.





I like how ours turned out.  Fun easy free touch of fall to the fire place.  well, I guess if you recreate it it would cost you, but I already had paints and burlap here, so it was free for me!

I was a little bored so I added a little banner to the guest bathroom.  It says Be our guest.  It makes me sing the song from Beauty and the Beast each time I see it.  I'm honestly not sure how much I like it, but either way its staying for this Fall season than next fall we will re evaluate it.

Here's my mom's banner and fireplace!  I like how it turned out.  It definitely  added to her fireplace.

Here's an u pclose of the lanterns at my mom's house I helped decorate.  We added some straw and pumpkins and I thought they turned out really cute.

I decided I wanted a hay bail for Halloween and a pumpkin patch.  We got the pumpkins from Walmart and Sams.  I got the sign from Hobby Lobby.  The Lamb sign I got last year from the craft fair for $3.50.  I thought it turned out cute and the boys love it.  I love fall decorations, they are fun, but I am definatley looking forward to when their is a reindeer and sleigh in this spot!! haha


Fall means mums for me.  We found an awesome sale.  Lowes had their mums for just $2.  I got more than I needed but I had fun planting these around the yard.  I actually have pretty good luck with mums coming back the next spring or fall so that will be a good investment if they do.

my helper with buying the mums and the mulch.

Burlap banners must be in....here's my neighbors fireplace.  Isn't it cute?!  I love how we all did something similar but still different. 

Fall decorating has been fun.  I stepped it up a little this year over previous years.  The boys love decorating for seasons and holidays, so I enjoy it too.  I am going to even look at Hobby Lobby when they start to clearance fall out so maybe I can have a few additions for next Fall.

Countdown has begun for Christmas decor :)
Birthday is November 17th which is a Monday so our Christmas Tree will officially makes its way down from the attic on Sunday November 16th. 

Happy Fall Yall


No comments:

Post a Comment