Friday, October 24, 2014

Sickness be GONE


Our family has had a tough 6 weeks.  Mike has been sick twice.  Gastroenteritis and Diverticulitis.  Alex has been sick once with a random swollen eye that ended up to be a version of pink eye that attacked the eye outer tissue rather than inner tissue.  I had a blot clot and pretty much have spent the last 6 weeks recovering.  Oh, and Mike and Max BOTH got the stomach bug that was going around.

Can't we just get better?!  Here are some pictures of our recent illnesses



He didn't even look like Alex - he woke up and his eye looked like this!

Swelling got worse and stayed 24 hours so we headed to the doctor after this picture.  So thankful we did.  He got antibiotics and was better in 3-4 days.

my new medicine.  I am no longer on coumadin or warfarin.  I am not on Xarelto.  Wish me luck, it's pretty much my only option.

Get well flowers from mom and dad.  I loved these.  Made me happy to see from the couch.

fnally completed a goal of mine.  I sewed up our nice pillows!  All 4 pillows now are hole free

Max got the stomach bug and had to miss a day of school.  He was a trooper.  It was tough to see him sick.  This kid does NOT get sick.  It was so unusual for me to see.  Glad he is feeling better


Alex feeling better and starting to play with toys.
How did I not get a picture of Mike in here?  Mike is currently on antibiotics for his Diverticulitis.  Please keep him in your prayers hoping his stomach/intestines heal fast so he can feel back to his normal self again.

I am starting an in haler and an antibiotic today.  I have experienced some tightness in my chest.  It has been there a while but with the DVT and new medicine it has not been a priority of mine.  I went to the doctor this morning.  We think it might be a small infection or even just the fall weather and my bad allergies. Whatever it is I never take antibiotics so maybe a good dose will kill out whatever it is and help me to feel better.  I am dying to start feeling my old self again so I can start back running and working out.

That's our last 6 weeks.  Not the healthiest of times in our lives but hopefully we are all on the mend.


No comments:

Post a Comment