Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Gingerbread House....I mean train


I looked at the store and Alex couldn't eat the gingerbread house kits that they sold everywhere because they had milk/egg in them.  So onto plan B.  I thought I'd get gram crackers and regular icing he could eat, lots of candy, and we'd make one on our own.  Well that sounded a lot easier than it was.  The icing didn't harden like the box kit....well duh...I guess I should have thought that one through.  The good news is Mike thought quick on his feet, we'll just make a gingerbread TRAIN! It took me a second to let the great idea sink in, but the boys are 2 and 4 and had candy and icing in front of them, I'm pretty sure they were up for anything. So we made a pretty good little choochoo train.  The boys loved it - ate WAY too much candy - so did me and mike. It was good cheap family fun together.  We'll definately do it again next year, although I might look up a new recipe for the icing :)















and this is how I found Alex most of the week...eating the hard dried up candy.  He has an oreo in his mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment