Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Gratitude

grat·i·tude
ˈgratəˌt(y)o͞od/
noun
  1. 1.
    the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.

The past few weeks in church we have been discussing Gratitude.  Last Sunday was an excellent sermon. It was about the impact of ministry and how what we do as a church, matters.  I have been thinking about the sermon all week and the best way to share it.  Today, I went to my church's website and downloaded the sermon.  I hope it works :)  and I hope you find 20 minutes of your day to watch it. I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I promise you, it will be worth your time, and I can guarantee you will be a changed person after you sit through it.  It was the most touching sermon.  Ten minutes into the sermon, several members of our church share their stories through poster boards.  The front of the board is the beginning of their story, than they flip over the poster board......you will just have to watch.  It made me think about all the things my poster board would say.  It made me realize that we are all going through something in our life, and how important it is to be there for others, and what a blessing it is to have God help us through it. I am so thankful for my faith, and how it has helped me through the toughest times in my life.  I often wonder how I would survive if I didn't have it.  I was also reminded of that while watching this video. 
On another note, I have had a few people over the years ask me why I feel the need to go to church every Sunday.  It's sometimes hard to sum it all up and answer that question in one sentence, especially if you are caught off guard, but today, I would tell them....its because I would miss life changing sermons, like this one.....


No comments:

Post a Comment