Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Christmas Train


A few weeks ago I received a text from one of my friends, Alexis around 9pm.  She wanted to know if we wanted to go on a Christmas train with her the next morning at 9am. Her family was going to go with her but needed to cancel. I would need to be in Springdale at the train station by 8:30. I'm not going to lie, I hesitated :) but I thought it sounded like a great idea, and decided to take the boys and join her, and her 11 month old son Will, and 2.5 year old son, Walker.  I knew the boys would love it.  I actually had always wanted to take the boys on a Christmas train, but just never got around to it, and this was my chance.  I got the boys up and ready and we made it to the train station just in time...literally 5 minutes til the train was suppose to leave...and than Max said he needed to go potty!  Its not like I could say no - he just had a 30 minute car ride and than we were about to hop on a train.  Luckily they running pretty behind that day.  We had time to go to the bathroom and waiting a bit before we got on the train.


I think Max took this picture for me...and Walker was taking a picture with Alexis's phone.  This is the best we got.  I don't know why we didn't just take a "selfie" of ourselves.  It probably would have turned out a bit better

a view of the inside of the train.  I didn't take a picture of the outside but it was huge!
A neat part of the trainride was that there was a visit from Santa!  Alex was excited...Max turned to me and said - that's not the real Santa.  We were just at Silver Dollar City where we got to see the real Santa but for some reason - Max was not convinced this was the real Santa.  So I was got offguard, and Alexis helped me detour the conversation.  worked for me :)
Alex shook Santa's hand


Walker and Will both wanted the window seat.  Luckily they both fit pretty good





another fun part of the train was that they handed out cookies and hot chocolate!  This made Max happy for sure.  Max also got to try on the conductor's hat.  He felt special here, he was grinning ear to ear.

Walker had to try on the hat too - Alex didn't want to

Max decides he does like Santa and does want to shake his hand



adorable picture of the boys - sorry - Will didn't make the picture - he was inbetween me and Alexis


Here is Will! 




So Thank you Alexis for the invite.  I am so glad we went.  It had it's moments with 4 boys, age 4 and under....but honestly I think they all did really good, so glad we took them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment