Thursday, January 23, 2014

Merry Christmas with the Lamb Clan

We didn't celebrate with Mike's family until January 4th this year.  It actually didn't seem that late like I thought it would.  It gave us time to celebrate Christmas with friends and my family, etc and clean up and get ready for another fresh round of Christmas with the Lambs.  The boys were way excited...we had a countdown... 


Gifts were wrapped and Alex helped me organize the tree for MiMi and PawPaw to see


Last year - crammed in eat in kitchen at the old house....

This year I got to set up two tables in our dining room -I was excited about how much ROOM we had this year!

I wanted to make sure Mike had a great Christmas with his family so I prepared a menu for the day.  I didn't mind cooking and preparing everything because I didn't really get to do a lot of it during Christmas.  My mom makes most all of our meal and than we ate her leftovers Christmas day - so I was excited to put together a Christmas meal for Mike's family

Ready to bake

Alex helped me bake a pie - whats Christmas without a pie right??

I made cute little designs for the pie and even added - Lamb Christmas on it
Add caption

the finished pie

Cooking in my chevron apron from my Grandma

time for diary free cookies!!!







Matching Christmas outfits ready to go for the boys

Mike wrapped the meat Tracy brought to smoke - doesn't it look delicious?  It turned out awesome, maybe my favorite from Mike ever.

desserts out and ready for Christmas!

Bekah arrived - Alex was excited

Max tries some of MiMi's shrimp....yes we even had appitzers - this Christmas was fancy! haha

appetizers for Lamb Christmas
Dinner table set and ready to go!


Worst part about the Lamb Christmas - Matt - Mike's brother - was sick.  Not just sick, but sick with a positive flu test.  He had to miss our Christmas.  It didn't feel the same without him and I hate that he had to miss, we sure missed him.

Some activities before lunch.....
The little Lamb band

Crafts with MiMi - these were a complete mess, but the kids didn't care :)

Guess who was first at the table

I made penguin olives.  The were kind of a pinterest fail, but I was still happy with them.  



Present time!!! MiMi went a little overboard with presents but the kids LOVED everything.  We were so blessed this Christmas.  I think it honestly went really well - we had a few obstacles and set backs, but when all was said in down, we were all opening presents, and laughing and enjoying ourselves as a family, and that made for a great Saturday afternoon.

MiMi made everyone their own blanket!  I couldn't believe it, I was really surprised. The boys loved theirs, and me and Mike got one too.





Max modeling some new steelers presents made by MiMi

Alex in some new Steelers geer

Bekah in her wig

Thomas the train match game from MiMi and PawPaw






Reindeer from my parents



Max loved his police costume





How Alex chose to open his stocking bag


Mike sporting his new cool hat from Matt

Gifts from MaMa Tina

Tracy got the boys a trunk of costumes!  Very cool idea, the boys love it - and every kid that comes over :)  



we kept with tradition and gave Tracy some shutterfly gifts with new pictures of the 3 grandkids.  They turned out great I was so excited.  The gift was from all of us. It was a COLD picture day this year, but you sure can't tell, these 3 did great and Mike took awesome pictures as always.

I will do another blog with all of the great pictures of the kids we took for MiMi, but here is a sneak peak of the best one...

new underwear and socks for both boys, much needed

Look at all of their new art supplies!!!

Max poses in his new steelers outfit

my new tree from Tracy - I love it!!

I made an entire shelf of art supplies for the boys in the toyroom. Now we have plenty to do at home on cold winter days

MiMi worked hard on some new magnets for the magnet board for the boys. 
Thankful for another great Christmas with Mike's family this year.  We sure missed Matt, but I was thankful for the time we got to spend together.  I'm lucky to have married into such a great family.  The boys are lucky to have such a great MiMi and Paw and love their cousin Bekah and Uncle Matt very much. 

Now our Christmases are officially over :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment