Friday, January 24, 2014

Office Organization project - check!

New Year means organize right?
Me and Mike have been saying little things over the last few months as we think of things like..

I want to build on to our patio someday
We need to organize where we put the trash cans and lay a cement slab over there
We need a new camera
Lets put speakers in the kitchen
When is vacation again?
etc etc etc

I remember my mom had a huge old cork board she was going to throw away and I also remembered that we now have a huge blank wall in our office.  I thought it would be fun to make an organizational board for our office.  I would print out 6 months worth of calendars so we could write down different dates and plan out trips, etc.  I would also put a Walmart list place so we would have an official place to write a Walmart list.  Also, a place to put a to do list.  Also a Dream Big list, which is more like projects to do around the house someday, also a Wish list - which is more of a list of things we just need to buy when we have the extra money.

I went to hobby lobby and bought a role of cheveron ribbon for $3 and got a hot glue gun and just attached the ribbon to the board.




I made a bow out of red burlap for the top and I had a burlap ornament that me and Kelley made in December I thought would be perfect for the other corner!



Didn't it turn out cute?  I love it. Mike actually likes it too.  Its a great way for us to just stay organized and simplify our lives.  I always tell people I am less stressed than most because I plan and think things out - so when the time comes to do them, its easy sailing and you get to enjoy the event, etc instead of being stressed out about it, etc. 

Here's to a more organized 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment