Thursday, January 23, 2014

Officially in Underwear


Daytime underwear only as of Saturday January 4th....approximately 28 months old - AKA 2 years and 4 months old

You read it right....Alex is now in just underwear.  Since Saturday January 4th, Alex has been in just underwear during the day.  We make him go potty right before bedtime, put on a diaper, and than as soon as he wakes up in the morning we race him to the potty and put on underwear.  Underwear 24/7 including night is coming soon, but I thought since we didn't do pull ups and just kind of sprang the whole potty training on him one day that we would try it this way. I thought I would let him get used to the idea and used to the feeling of what it feels like to have use the potty.  He is getting really close.  He has about 1-2 accidents a day, but I consider that pretty good considering it feels like we go potty atleast 20 times a day. If we are at home I have tried not to take him as often so that he actually has to go potty and feels what it is like and I make him tell me when he has to go potty.  He is still getting the hang of it, but definitely improving. I am excited we are down to a diaper a day.  We have about 50 diapers left - so fingers crossed we should never have to buy diapers again! On February 3rd he will be 2 and a half - that is my goal to have him in underwear only. If he does good, we'll leave him in just underwear. if he has several night time accidents and it is messing up his sleep (and ours), than we'll have to rethink our plan.  What will help with all of this is cutting down his night time liquids.  He currently has a slightly bad habit of going to bed with a sippy cup.  To fix this problem we've began cutting him back at night to eventually nothing, currently he's down to about 2 inches of water....so we're close.

So we just have to stick with it, not give up, be patient, not get frustrated, and keep rewarding him for ebing a big boy.  We can do this right?  I think after Max I had forgotten how hard this was.  I think I started with Alex because I just wanted to get it over with :)

so as Dora would say...just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep just keep just keep swimming (Finding Nemo)

No comments:

Post a Comment