Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Merry Christmas to all


Christmas at Home with the boys 2013

First, let me start by saying, this was truely one of the best Christmas seasons I have ever had and it was everything I had hoped it would be.  I think I started thinking about this Christmas in August....I said thinking not planning :)  Max and Alex are just at the best ages.  They both get so excited about even the littlest of things.  I knew it was going to be a fun Christmas, no matter what we did.  But, since I was off work and knew this might be the last Christmas I didn't work, since next year I might already have a job by Christmas, I knew I wanted to do everything I could this year. I did the advent chocolate and the advent bags, we did the outside Christmas lights and decor, we put up way to many Christmas decorations, we baked everything we could think of, we threw Christmas parties, we went and sat on Santa's lap, we went to go look at Christmas lights as a family, we bought and wrapped Christmas presents together, we wore Christmas shirts during the day and Christmas pj's at night. We read Christmas stories before bedtime and sang Christmas carols together. We did Christmas crafts and made Gingerbread trains.  We talked about Eddie the elf and even called Santa himself.  We sponsored an angel from the Salvation army, we sent out Christmas cards, we brought a meal the week of Christmas to the Ronald McDonald house in Mercy Hospital. We did everything we could think of and enjoyed every minute.

Was it all needed? no Is that what Christmas is all about? well it can be, it depends on how you look at it and what you get out of what you do. The best part of Christmas was probably the advent bags. I already did a post of them, but they were so much more than little surprises everyday.  It truly reminded me of the true meaning of Christmas.  I didn't stress this year or make a big deal when things didn't go my way or as planned.  I just went with the flow of things.  I planned ahead in my spare time so things went smoothly and effortlessly.  Mike was a great help.  He always smiled and got excited about things too. He made everything so fun for the boys.  He took time out of his day and evenings, to make everything so special.  

I'm so thankful for Christmas of 2013.  We made so many memories together.  It was a great way to end the year, and now we're excited for a fun, happy, healthy, adventurous 2014.

We have a tradition for Christmas morning breakfast.  For about the last 3 years me and Mike have made a quiesh la rain.  It is delcious.



After Santa arrived

7am Max taps me on the head, and smiles and said...Santa came mommy

before the kids attacked

me and Mike do each other stockings every year.  We get so excited about them.  They are fun to do for each other and I look forward to them every year.  We have done this every year we have been married.



















After stockings.....before gifts....Mike reminded the kids one more time whose Birthday it was and why we were celebrating and why they were about to open their gifts.

Max gives Alex a present he wrapped himself

a game about tails!!! and let me tell you it is a hit!


Alex opened a Dino flashlight from mommy and daddy


Mike opening his surprise movie canvas poster


Mike surprised me with a diamond necklace and earings!

the firetruck was a hit with Al


Me and Mike were excited about our big gift this year.  We bought the boys a train set and train table.



a fishing game







the boys gave daddy some socks

Mike was excited he finally got to open the deal we got on black friday.  A big metal thing to hold all of his tools.  I'm prety sure he's wanted this for years, so I'm excited he finally got one.  


I got a text Christmas morning, my dad surprised her with an IPAD!!

on your mark, get set, go!

We had to take the new toys out for a Christmas morning test run








got this text Christmas morning.  Dad got a new coat

The Christmas mess

a better picture of my gift from mike

got this text Christmas morning- Mabry got a Doc McStuffins table from Santa!!!!!

got this text too.  The girls each holding a gift

After we celebrated and hung out at the house a while, we headed out to Sonora for Christmas lunch and to play with some toys we played with the day before.





We headed back Christmas night to our house.  Tired from the day, but excited about how much fun we had!!!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment